what is the best class when done right?

poaxia

Obviously, snipper.

That's why all cheat bot play sniper.
Now, for human (and fun) that depend on your own playstyle, and on the mode/map.

Soldier is pretty robust and can play several role, a good medic is always very welcome!

Scout is very good on most intel map (and on other too)

"Best" class choice depends on how you evaluate and what context it's in. There's a big difference between a scout in 6s and in highlander, for example. I don't think it's a productive way to look at the game since what performs the best may not be fun for you. If you're trying to find a main, I suggest randoming or picking an arbitrary class, and when you find yourself having fun try to find out what aspects you're having fun with and go down that path til you find your niche.

lol just stop trying to find a main and give everything a shot, eventually you'll find something that you end up playing more than everything else

Yeah honestly I “main” sniper but I play most other classes as often. I like to play with my team so it’s super fun to play a power class or support when the team needs it. Just depends on what you find most fun. 

Chemistry 201 is actually pretty solid with the right teacher

Would not recommend Thermodynamics 504 though. It’s apparently “not real” and “I need to stop huffing anti-freeze in the Autozone before we call the cops.” Whatever, free country.

• Like 1

Pyro.

Fire, bullets and melee.

Gets anything, counters anyone and gets rid of cringe vac medics.

degreaser-flaregun combo. best way to get to know cqc, projectiles and predict enemy movements at various distances.

2 hours ago, poaxia said:

trying to find a main but i cant get a grasp on any class 

Keep in mind this is coming from a CTF main... but I love switching around a lot in my games.

Typically when the game first starts I lock Demoknight with Loch n Load because I find that combo effective for a lot of matchups. But past that, all my picks are just trying to have fun and be effective where I can.

Huge engi nest? Spy.

Really good sniper? Counter sniper until they swap.

Heavy medic combo? Spy or sniper.

Annoying scout? Machina sniper, black box soldier, or counter scout.

My team won't push? Black box soldier.

Their team isn't defending enough? Scout.

I'm seeing a theme here with my picks, but you get the idea. I pick Scout, Sniper, Spy, Soldier, or Demo to counter whatever situation is in front of me. That usually makes me have fun and score well by the end of the game

I strongly believe that an annoyingly good soldier is one of the most oppressive classes in the game. If you want to ruin people's day while having fun at their expensive, just slap on the Original and two shot almost all of the classes in the game.

2 hours ago, Bananas said:

Chemistry 201 is actually pretty solid with the right teacher

Would not recommend Thermodynamics 504 though. It’s apparently “not real” and “I need to stop huffing anti-freeze in the Autozone before we call the cops.” Whatever, free country.

real men huff freon

On 1/20/2024 at 3:14 PM, shady_ said:

real men huff freon

Speaking of huffing freon. Running airblast pyro has it's benefits. The key is to airblast the other team as far back to hell where they belong and taunt after doing so.