Haven’t traded in like 4 years, how is the market?

Free 2 Play Scootz

Hey all, not sure if any of you remember me but I’m thinking about coming back to trading after a pretty long break. As the title suggests, I’m wondering how the market it compared to 4 years ago. Are hats selling faster? Slower? About the same? Also has there been any major changes to which unusuals are good to sell? For example I know there was some sort of quickswitch scare, idk if quick switching is even a thing anymore. Thanks!

bad

its bad bro

we really on some who’s line is it anyway shit

the rules are made up and the prices don’t matter

burning tc is like 6000 keys

darkblaze flipped trilby is like 5400 keys

key prices are fucked and insane qs are happening like spellbound muffs for $2k usd buy order

googoogaga booboobaba

• Like 2

terrible time to cash out btw if that’s why you came back, keys were like $1.8+ now they are $1.5, try and qs those racks and you’ll get chump change

there was indeed quickswitch scare, up to not so long ago idk specific dates but they removed it then brought it back, which made people scared to invest in it, but as of now quickswitches are gaining back popularity and people trust more in it now, and as u can see i own alot of them myself so if i didnt have trust in it i wouldnt have owned all that

New people can't trade well unless you have 100 plus keys and veteran people can't sell anything since new people dont have enough and new people are easier to sell hats veterans think are bad but new people think are good and other veteran people say that other veterans hats are stinky so EVERYONE is having a slow ass time

go onto firepowered servers for 6 hours straight and that's a glimpse

5 hours ago, Bananas said:

bad

its bad bro

we really on some who’s line is it anyway shit

the rules are made up and the prices don’t matter

burning tc is like 6000 keys

darkblaze flipped trilby is like 5400 keys

key prices are fucked and insane qs are happening like spellbound muffs for $2k usd buy order

googoogaga booboobaba

don't see treasure trove brothers in blues smh

https://youtu.be/sVDpys1b1aY?si=92IoTjFAdXB6QDGH

1 hour ago, AwesomeSause said:

go onto firepowered servers for 6 hours straight and that's a glimpse

Every Time I go on a trade server I only see seller for more than SO, and buyer for less than BO, or trying to sell (what I think is) overprices as hell hat.

Did I miss something on those server?

its pretty solid, I still find trading and brokering pretty alright. Bad time to cashout though. Looks like you bought stuff thats risen alot, so youll be fine to make a bunch of pure fairly easily. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TraL said:

Every Time I go on a trade server I only see seller for more than SO, and buyer for less than BO, or trying to sell (what I think is) overprices as hell hat.

Did I miss something on those server?

Not at all, good for noticing though!

People who trade go by the motto "buy low sell high", so they buy for as less as they can and sell it on for more for profit

6 hours ago, AwesomeSause said:

Not at all, good for noticing though!

People who trade go by the motto "buy low sell high", so they buy for as less as they can and sell it on for more for profit

Always hated that brain dead motto. It’s obvious and useless advice that’s akin to “If you’re depressed just smile more!” or “If you want a better mile time just run faster!”

Realistically tho OP, just follow your gut. 

Don’t feel like you need to listen to ppl with high bp values - most of them are collectors who don’t really trade. Don’t feel like the advice from top top traders will also apply to you. Those guys can afford to ‘buy high sell even higher’ (real strat btw).

Find a group of friends that you can ask for help or advice and will bully you if they see you about to make a bad trade. 

8 hours ago, Russell said:

Trading is meh ATM. Defo by some keys though. Keys have been cheaper than ever now.

yeah this is a buyers market for sure, now would be a good time to make any purchases you want as things are probably gonna go back up as valve wipes the spittle off their face and gets to fixing their cash cow CS

shame im fuckin broke

• Like 1