why are the prices on all-class unusuals with new effects getting murdered? will they go up in the future?

Korone

can someone explain what is going on and give a good prediction of what's going to happen? is it because new effects are overhyped and now unpopular? (not to mention there's a ton of them).  I thought all classes would be in better shape than the rest of the robo/new effects. Examples of huge drops i'm thinking of are the dead prez k.e., the terror watt tc (I just saw a vote to drop it to a range of 10-19),  miami tc, also hats like the miami gibus, terrorwat k.e., dead prez tc, and cloud 9 crone's seem to be super overvalued as well. There are also a ton of quick sellers for a lot of these hats (i've seen miami tcs go for 10, same for dead prez k.e.s, and miami gibuses are up on OP for 12).

I have one of these hats (a dead prez k.e.) and i'm wondering if it's best to hold onto it and hope the price will go up or quicksell for pure like a lot of people are doing. All class unusual hats are tricky to price but this is a trend.

Some effects are better than others in a majority opinion.

Rare Green Fire > Common Floating Money

New effects are dropping for two reasons:

1. They were all priced when hype-amania was running wild. They don't have as much demand any more.

2. They were mass unboxed. 

Really there's nothing surprising about the drop and where the new effects are settling. 

And no, the price on your KE will not go up. Ever. DP had its apex a long time ago. 

New effects are dropping for two reasons:

1. They were all priced when hype-amania was running wild. They don't have as much demand any more.

2. They were mass unboxed. 

Really there's nothing surprising about the drop and where the new effects are settling. 

And no, the price on your KE will not go up. Ever. DP had its apex a long time ago. 

so it'll drop further in the future?

so it'll drop further in the future?

Yes. 

3rd gen and robo effects are viewed as cancerous because: 1) They're being unboxed at a very high rate. 2) Most people held onto the hyped up buyouts from when the hats first came out leading to few offers, which gives the impression that the market for them is very low, which leads to diminished market, which ultimately hurts their value. The only way to sell a 3rd gen/robo unusual is to either "qs" it for pure/1st gen/2nd gen or sell it at "full" price for more third gens.

Just as an example, Stormy and Blizz were on par with Sunbeams/Scorching when they first came out. 

because the hype when it first came out "all class hat with new effect" made their prices inflated high as possible (really dp over vivid and near energy for some) so now it's just dropping down to a stable price.

New hats and effects always drop soon when the hype is dead, just for all class unusuals they drop even more due to the hype surrounding them are a lot higher than others.

New effects generally drop until people find where to place them. Roboeffects were extremely high when they first came out, and as more got unboxed, the price generally went down; now that the market has (sort of) stabilized, desired effects are rising once again (but not to the degree to when it first got unboxed).

Right now AF/RA is under flames and above energy tier, Warp/GBH is around energy, Phos/Sulph is like around plasma, Surge/Electro is around storms (maybe lower) and ML/OClock is treated almost like NNB.

I may be wrong though.

i'd take nnb over overclocked and memory leak any day. The non orbiting robo effects are settling where they should and surge/electro should have never been worth more than storms or o fire.

Archived