Changing the Australian flag

Spicy Ham

52 members have voted

1. 1. Changing the flag

• Yeah mate
    • Nah mate
    • tony abbot is a noob and cant land airshots (I don't care)

There is no way that is possibly racist. Racist, as the name makes you think, is about a human race. If I were to say all black people are inferior, that's racism. Australia is a nation filled with immigrants, thus not forming a single race. It therefore is impossible to make a racist statement against Australians, unless I was to be talking about the aboriginals. My post could be seen as discriminating, but everybody needs to stop calling racism all the time when that isn't the case.

You just contradicted yourself in the first two sentences. You say that if you were to say that "black people" are inferior, it would be racist. Then you say that Australia is filled with people from different nations, and so isn't considered a single race... There are many "races" that have "black people" in it, and you're considering all of them to be one race? You're either contradicting yourself, or supporting my statement in saying that lol. And that is racist; discrimination against a race is racism :P You're calling Aussies out for their stupidity.

You just contradicted yourself in the first two sentences. You say that if you were to say that "black people" are inferior, it would be racist. Then you say that Australia is filled with people from different nations, and so isn't considered a single race... There are many "races" that have "black people" in it, and you're considering all of them to be one race? You're either contradicting yourself, or supporting my statement in saying that lol. And that is racist; discrimination against a race is racism :P You're calling Aussies out for their stupidity.

Black people = Sub-Saharan African people which is a race. Some pacific tribes are really dark too but generally left out. Sub-Saharan Africans form one race, with variations between them. Thus discriminating against them can be racism. Australia has Asians, blacks, whites and natives. That's not a race. Also, I'm here discriminating on grounds of place of birth. People born in the Netherlands can be black, but they're not of Eurasian race. People born in Sub-Sahara Africa can be white (South Africa has a very interesting history on this).

That's not racist at all.

If I say that a man is stupid, am I calling all men stupid?

CZECH MATE

Mate, jamaican me angry

Black people = Sub-Saharan African people which is a race. Some pacific tribes are really dark too but generally left out. Sub-Saharan Africans form one race, with variations between them. Thus discriminating against them can be racism. Australia has Asians, blacks, whites and natives. That's not a race. Also, I'm here discriminating on grounds of place of birth. People born in the Netherlands can be black, but they're not of Eurasian race. People born in Sub-Sahara Africa can be white (South Africa has a very interesting history on this).

Well, we all have a african ancestors; are we therefore all "black"? No, because in modern society, our "race" is based on skin colour. As the Australian population is very diverse, you can't specifically target one race when you mention "Aussies". Collectively, they are all Australian's; the population of Australia. You called "aussies", Australians, stupid. I've already said how that is discrimation.

That's not racist at all.

If I say that a man is stupid, am I calling all men stupid?

CZECH MATE

Plus, he was talking about Australians in general, not one person. I mean, if I called all dolphin people stupid, that would be racist.

Well, we all have a african ancestors; are we therefore all "black"? No, because in modern society, our "race" is based on skin colour. As the Australian population is very diverse, you can't specifically target one race when you mention "Aussies". Collectively, they are all Australian's; the population of Australia. You called "aussies", Australians, stupid. I've already said how that is discrimation.

Multiquote, how hard can it be? And discrimination still =/= racism

Archived