Changing the Australian flag

Spicy Ham

52 members have voted

1. 1. Changing the flag

• Yeah mate
    • Nah mate
    • tony abbot is a noob and cant land airshots (I don't care)

The real question is what would we change it to?

Saxton Hale holding an Australium bar in his palm

Also, I really think it should be changed. For someone who doesn't live in Australia, it's really hard to tell Australia's flag and Oceaniac country flags apart since they all look so similar.

Canada use to bear the Union Jack, but then they changed it.

Nah

You gotta have a cool flag. US has a boring flag. Eh. Look at this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/93/Flag_of_Formosa_1895.svg

Oh, my bad, I'm not australian. I just meant in general I couldn't really care about the flag.

But after seeing that awesome tiger.. http://rlv.zcache.com/customizable_cookies_flag_funny_cookie_monster_placemat-rf34c8fe114f04b0781e24cf97d189a64_2cfku_8byvr_512.jpg << I would vote for that ^_^

The flag should be changed to a billabong with a kanga eating a koala. And the national anthem should be changed to Waltzing Matilda

No, why change it. And why leave the British monarchy? Stupid Aussies

That's rather racist calling Aussies stupid... There a several benefits to leaving the British monarchy, except the disadvantages outweigh the benefits.

That's rather racist calling Aussies stupid... There a several benefits to leaving the British monarchy, except the disadvantages outweigh the benefits.

There is no way that is possibly racist. Racist, as the name makes you think, is about a human race. If I were to say all black people are inferior, that's racism. Australia is a nation filled with immigrants, thus not forming a single race. It therefore is impossible to make a racist statement against Australians, unless I was to be talking about the aboriginals. My post could be seen as discriminating, but everybody needs to stop calling racism all the time when that isn't the case.

Canada pledges allegiance to the monarch like Australia but doesn't have a Union Jack. So I don't see the harm of removing the Union Jack.

That's not racist at all.

If I say that a man is stupid, am I calling all men stupid?

CZECH MATE

I for one welcome our new Germanic overlords.

I for one welcome our new Germanic overlords.

British masters were: Germans (saxons), French (plantagenets), Welsh (tudor), Scots (Stuart), German (hanover) and German (Saxe-Coburg). The kings of England sure were very English

Archived