Corpfox

Do you keep your Unusuals?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you keep your Unusuals?

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont have unusuals
    • Some

After having a few rages from my previous thread, I can't help but wonder if people actually keep their Unusuals.

I looked at about 10 person's backpack and only a few have kept them for so long.

I'm the 2nd owner of my Circling Hearts hard counter and had it since 2012.

My unboxed, Purple Energy Old Guad is almost a year old.

Is most people's thoughts about Unusuals are getting rid of them quickly and profitably?

I've had a few friends that unboxed their Unusuals but preferred to sell them instead of keep.

It boggles my mind.

I'll keep an unusual that I like until an offer comes along that meets or exceeds my expected value of the hat.  If I can't get what I'm looking for, I'll die with it.

I'll keep an unusual that I like until an offer comes along that meets or exceeds my expected value of the hat.  If I can't get what I'm looking for, I'll die with it.

Pretty much this.

cheap first/second gen headwarmers = yes (p fetti <3)

any fetti = for a bit

others = as long as it takes to get a good offer for them

If I get Unusuals I'm really satisfied with, I'm very satisfied with my tree but I'm still on the quest for a Strange Stormy Bonk Boy

This is so true

I've had only one unusual for now, i didn't like the hat so i sold it and uncrated useless stuff cuz why not

But if I would get my hands on a good looking unusual hat I would keep it, unless it has a very ugly effect

It's a pixelated hat in a video game. Why people would take that over a real, tangible cash offer boggles my mind. 

It depends, I buy unusual for 2 reasons:

-To create sets and keep 'em: I'll keep 'em

-It's a quicksell or anything, so, I can do profit : I'll sell 'em

Depends on the unusual. My first unusual unbox, was on halloween, Robo-glove poisoned shadows, i really like the effect of the hat. I'm planning to keep it. Had few thoughts about selling it, but i never forced myself to do it :D 

On the other hand i got unusual festivizer disco beat down, it's just a matter of time, when i get bored and put it up for sale :D

I usually try and insta-sell to make up the loss from the thousand or so unboxes I've done. I inevitably sell for less anyway and make a loss so I regret most sales.

I got into unusuals in order to flip profit. But I ended up with a bubbling tower, and I kinda like it. don't know if I will keep or not, but while I never thought I would keep one I am now seeing the appeal.

It's a pixelated hat in a video game. Why people would take that over a real, tangible cash offer boggles my mind. 

Because they lack popularity in real life so they seek it on the internet

Well I quicksell every unusual (when I'm not trading for profit) that's not a KE (or sometimes scorching). I'm happy to keep my KE's though but if an awesome offer comes along I won't say no to money > pixel. If tf2 dies tomorrow I would rather have 2500$ than my hat. :S

Right now: yes. In long term: depends.

I like my unusuals otherwise I wouldn't have bought them (I despise having crappy cancer unusuals in my backpack). In the future maybe I'll consider upgrading the German Gonzila to an higher tier hat but most likely I'll prefer to gather hats for the classes I don't have unusuals (that or cash out) for.

I have (had?) two TF2 main goals: 1) collect all strange festives, 2) get a proper unusual for each class. Right now I'm working for goal 1 (90% there) but I doubt I'll accomplish goal 2 as my availability to play games will drop sharply in a couple months (wife is expecting twin in a few months).

Archived