How did the earbud cosmetic become a fully fledged currency?

Ounuo

Earbuds were around before australiums. They were finite, but plentiful enough to be a currency because they were distributed to anyone who had TF2 on iOS, and people liked the little music icons so they had value outside of being a currency. Similar deal with maxes and bill's hats. 

• Like 1

Way back you only had 8 (later on a few more) slots for trades, so some item where used like 1, 20 or 100 dollar bill notes

Once people where able to send hundreds of keys via tradeoffers these items became useless and dropped to the cosmetic value

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TCLG6x6 said:

Way back you only had 8 (later on a few more) slots for trades, so some item where used like 1, 20 or 100 dollar bill notes

Once people where able to send hundreds of keys via tradeoffers these items became useless and dropped to the cosmetic value

i remember back then someone scammed me coz of that stupid slot limit, my friend promised to give another item after but instead blocked me and flee :(((

1 hour ago, Aysentaro said:

i remember back then someone scammed me coz of that stupid slot limit, my friend promised to give another item after but instead blocked me and flee :(((

Friend...

i wasn't around back then but always heard about earbuds and how they were the standard currency etc etc

finally got a pair a few months ago and i honestly really really like them as a cosmetic item

very elegant with a subtle nice effect (the notes) . not invasive at all , not an eyesore

much better than satan's giant flaming purple ballsack dancing on top of your head aka how i feel about most regular effects 🫡

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fran said:

much better than satan's giant flaming purple ballsack dancing on top of your head

What... what an explanation 😂

7 hours ago, fran said:

satan's giant flaming purple ballsack dancing on top of your head aka how i feel about most regular effects 🫡

1.  You have issues

2.  Real talk:  9/10 idea for Halloween '23 effect

41 minutes ago, 3.50 said:

1.  You have issues

You're right, Frozen Icefall is way better! The nerve of this guy liking Satan's purple ballsack, what a poser!!!! /j

2 hours ago, 3.50 said:

1.  You have issues

and you are rude and have bad taste . enjoy your tacky effects

13 hours ago, fran said:

and you are rude and have bad taste . enjoy your tacky effects

Well, that was a joke, I didn't mean it in a rude way.  Sorry if it offended you.

But taste is completely subjective and I really do enjoy my "tacky" effects, and don't care much if you have a negative opinion of me or my effects.