Steam Mobile app logging me out in a weird way

Macioeus

So for whatever reason my Steam app just doesn't work. Every time when I'm trying to open the app it goes to the login menu. When I log in for 2 seconds I can use it but straight after that it glitches out and swipes about 10 times and it logs me out. How do I fix it? I've tried to find answers but didn't find anything. Also, I removed my Steam guard (smart move) and now I can't trade for 15 days even if I fix it, thanks, brain. If anyone has the same problem or you know how to fix it please let me know :(

2 minutes ago, Aysentaro said:

yes same, valve broke the old steam app this morning, most likely intentionally

Valves running itself into the ground fr

1 hour ago, Aysentaro said:

does anyone know how to set up the mobile app on desktop?

scrap.tf has a downloader for steam desktop authenticator or you can get it on bluestacks if you dont trust scrap.tf mods and by extension geel (too late for that)

43 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

scrap.tf has a downloader for steam desktop authenticator or you can get it on bluestacks if you dont trust scrap.tf mods and by extension geel (too late for that)

Shhhhhh they own this place too 🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

4 hours ago, AwesomeSause said:

Shhhhhh they own this place too 🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

the entire tf2 economy is actually owned by geel

a dude i was trading with at the time had the exact issue, took a couple hours to fix but it’s certainly on steams side, and not yours

Tysm for making this post, because I genuinely thought I was the only one, and was deadass considering changing my password, thinking I was being attacked lmao. I had to delete it and download the new Steam app, and because the app didn't detect my phone properly like the old app would, I have a trade hold now

Average Steam experience

16 hours ago, Macioeus said:

So for whatever reason my Steam app just doesn't work. Every time when I'm trying to open the app it goes to the login menu. When I log in for 2 seconds I can use it but straight after that it glitches out and swipes about 10 times and it logs me out. How do I fix it? I've tried to find answers but didn't find anything. Also, I removed my Steam guard (smart move) and now I can't trade for 15 days even if I fix it, thanks, brain. If anyone has the same problem or you know how to fix it please let me know :(

Updating to the new app fixed the issue for me. One thing you can do before doing that is extract the secrets from the old app so you have a backup of your authenticator that you can use on other Steam authentication apps (e.g. SDA, ArchiSteamFarm's 2FA commands, etc). The new app now encrypts the secrets so making a backup is riskier and more difficult.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

the entire tf2 economy is actually owned by geel

haha we're fucked

First of all, Thanks for the help and all the responses. Second of all, I saw that you can set up mobile on desktop. And What if I wanted to have old Steam on my desktop and steam guard on my phone? The old Steam has an amazing feature in that you can see the last 500 messages from the past 3 years (not 14 days like the new one). So I would even update on my phone and get steam guard again, and have the old one on desktop? Is it possible?

• Like 1