The Steam Claims Incident - I realized my mistake. Going to own up to it and reset my passwords, revoke api key, get out of the case, and use a malwarebyte scanner as a precaution.

RussellSproutz

36 minutes ago, Russell said:

yeah fs. Tbh I was just trying to get it resolved. It'll be in 2 months that it'll get fixed. Just been in the loop with Jarty about it.

Ahh ok well good for you for doing smth about it bro

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

Same.

https://www.verifythis.com/article/news/verify/money-verify/steam-gaming-platform-valve-legal-claims-refund-websites-real-arbitration-not-scam-not-class-action/536-a691e9c1-754d-4f5b-b55e-88f59d0be563

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/916373-pc/80327000

So like, from what I got:

Some devs made a class action (note: not ruled on yet, but not completely tossed either?) against valve for being a monopoly

Game publishers/devs/whatever can join the class action, but steam users are not permitted due to ToS

Steam users can go through arbitration but it seems like no one has actually finished this process or the legal teams are trying to gather a lot of people before creating their filings (based on the gamefaqs link which is 3 months current).

Things I've noted:

It looks decently legit
However the site originally linked is not one of the 2 sites mentioned on the veriythis link

^ Butcher was mentioned as one of the lawyers hired by one of the other 2 sites though, odd

^ https://www.masonllp.com/case/valve-mass-arbitration/ this one seems more legit - still didn't sign up for it tho for reasons below

Only applies to purchases in the last 4 years

One of the lawyers said up to 60% on your purchases might be returned to you

The lawyers are going to take 40% of your winnings, if you win, for a total of 24% of your purchases (likely game purchases only (not ing items))

Arbitration as mentioned; not a suit

Thanks for clarifying on this. Truthfully I going to make this a learning lesson for myself and just keep moving forward.

28 minutes ago, Noodle said:

So in short it is a class action against steam because they have a monopoly on the games market(?)

Bro answer me. 

image.png.1130eff1d63db65ff8ccf40bab29cf97.pngas a top ranking North american backpack, i pray to god you actually signed on the class action so they can ban your account fr 😭

Should be a sin to make people read this shit you put out

Mark 14:52

My dad tried to get me to sue valve but he gave up after I told him I was a chad and willingly gave valve all 3000$ i’ve spent on tf2 

Equipping and trading too many Viewfinders messes up your brain. Join and accept reality now!

• RussellSproutz changed the title to Steam Claims Scam Incident - I realized my mistake. Going to own up to it and reset my passwords, revoke api key, get out of the case, and use a malwarebyte scanner as a precaution.

Thanks, everyone for the feedback. To be honest, I did all I could on it to prevent any issues and I'm going to keep moving forward. Have a great day! :D

10 hours ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

Same.

https://www.verifythis.com/article/news/verify/money-verify/steam-gaming-platform-valve-legal-claims-refund-websites-real-arbitration-not-scam-not-class-action/536-a691e9c1-754d-4f5b-b55e-88f59d0be563

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/916373-pc/80327000

So like, from what I got:

Some devs made a class action (note: not ruled on yet, but not completely tossed either?) against valve for being a monopoly

Game publishers/devs/whatever can join the class action, but steam users are not permitted due to ToS

Steam users can go through arbitration but it seems like no one has actually finished this process or the legal teams are trying to gather a lot of people before creating their filings (based on the gamefaqs link which is 3 months current).

Things I've noted:

It looks decently legit
However the site originally linked is not one of the 2 sites mentioned on the veriythis link

^ Butcher was mentioned as one of the lawyers hired by one of the other 2 sites though, odd

^ https://www.masonllp.com/case/valve-mass-arbitration/ this one seems more legit - still didn't sign up for it tho for reasons below

Only applies to purchases in the last 4 years

One of the lawyers said up to 60% on your purchases might be returned to you

The lawyers are going to take 40% of your winnings, if you win, for a total of 24% of your purchases (likely game purchases only (not ing items))

Arbitration as mentioned; not a suit

Thanks for clarifying these things. I was definitely doing something rash earlier this morning. I appreciate that you share the facts, FP!

• RussellSproutz changed the title to The Steam Claims Incident - I realized my mistake. Going to own up to it and reset my passwords, revoke api key, get out of the case, and use a malwarebyte scanner as a precaution.
12 hours ago, Shocked said:

"As a #700 Backpacker on Backpack.tf"

you are the DEFINITION of the nerd emoji.

As a former #500 backpacker (I have my bp.tf super savers card from 9 years ago) what you just said is extremely disrespectful and im going to ask that you not only apologize, but also devote your ENTIRE life to Christ for your ungodly sins.

don’t let me catch you being rude around here again, kid…

- owner of 4 unusual hats and beater of multiple children

Jeez this is something else. 

12 minutes ago, AwesomeSause said:

Getting rowdy in here zoo wee mama

2 hours ago, AwesomeSause said:

Getting rowdy in here zoo wee mama

A wise man once said:

"the cringe-o-meter is off the charts in here, well done!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucyfer said:

A wise man once said:

I try my best. XD 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Noodle said:

So in short it is a class action against steam because they have a monopoly on the games market(?)

Game devs are forming a class action.

Steam users cannot participate in a class action due to the ToS and must go through arbitration individually. Please read my first post for more info.

passively trading is the new future,start a trend on a cancer tier hat and then hoard them all next thing you know you get glitched vintages for a dead presidents elf esteem because funni

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lucyfer said:

A wise man once said:

my cringe-o-meter went bust on that so I'm fixing it until the next suggestion

On 5/26/2023 at 2:27 AM, Shocked said:

"As a #700 Backpacker on Backpack.tf"

you are the DEFINITION of the nerd emoji.

I mean sorry I didn't see this after this whole cluster. I am a nerd, Shocked. So you're not wrong  I was Valedictorian in High School, and Full Ride Scholar in College and University. This is a great compliment! So thanks! Have a great day! :D 

I was able to get out of the case yesterday. Thank you again everyone for the constructive criticism!