Moral Dilemma: Should I feel guilty about holding onto my dream unusuals even though I'm inactive?

creepio

Nah, there's nothing wrong with just having an item even if it isn't getting immediate use. You shouldn't feel guilty for not going all Marie Kondo on your backback just because you aren't playing or trading right now.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Narkomixer said:

What an amazing world we live in. Suffer because of virtual hats) It's hard to imagine this twenty years ago...

twenty years ago i stabbed kids footballs with my knife whilst listening to elvis presley on cd

8 hours ago, F. Bomb Fitzgerald said:

Regardless of whether you choose to sell or keep them, would you consider posing in game with them for me for a video?  I make videos highlighting double/triple effect unusual god tier combos, and your sniper one would be amazing to highlight.  You wouldn't trade anything, it'd take 5 minutes in an empty server, and you'd be able to watch the video in the future to reminisce if you do sell them.  Here's an example of the videos I make: 

That's awesome. I'd be happy to. Feel free to add me. I should be able to link up with you in the next couple days.

13 hours ago, Bambi said:

Keep em!
But come play some tf2, too ; )

This thread has been very encouraging. A nice reminder that this community is one of, if not the best in gaming. Thank you. I think I'll definitely be hopping back on soon. 

sell it and actually do something in your life with the money you wasted on pixels, dont listen to these "giguhcheds" who spent thousands for a digital hat

• Haha 1

Never feel bad about keeping hold of your stuff, period. They're your items, and you shouldn't feel bad about keeping them. There is no moral dilemma, there is no right thing to do. It's your shit, you keep your shit, and sell it if you want to sell it. Buy a kit and make them untradeable. Delete them from your inventory. Auction them off for a handful of scrap. You can do whatever you want with your items, and you should never feel bad about that. People can want them, cry about them, complain or try and pressure you into selling them, but they can't make you do anything. It's not scummy to hold on to your stuff, people who say it is scummy are themselves scummy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AwesomeSause said:

sell it and actually do something in your life with the money you wasted on pixels, dont listen to these "giguhcheds" who spent thousands for a digital hat

Thanks coach!

• Like 1

• creepio changed the title to Moral Dilemma: Should I feel guilty about holding onto my dream unusuals even though I'm inactive?

Sell them to me. I will hold them for you for 1 year and if you want to buy them back I will sell them back to you at a 20% mark up. 

3 hours ago, creepio said:

Thanks coach!

You're welcome buddy, now go out there and make your parents proud 

Absolutely not. One of my biggest regrets is selling my dream hat when I was inactive and being unable to buy it back. 

9 hours ago, Shelley Duvall said:

Absolutely not. One of my biggest regrets is selling my dream hat when I was inactive and being unable to buy it back. 

💯

Thankfully there's other people who feel this way, screwed up thing is I remember around 9 or so months ago when I was on the FirePowered Trading server. Someone mentioned a guy hacking into people's retired/inactive steam accounts to get the 1/1 god tier unusuals back on the market. And to finish it off, almost everyone in the server at that time said it was a "good thing" said person did it. Now I'm starting to realize why I stopped going to trading servers, filled with degenerates and people who love to degrade others.