Moral Dilemma: Should I feel guilty about holding onto my dream unusuals even though I'm inactive?

creepio

Accidentally pressed enter before typing anything lol.

I've owned 3 god tiers for 6 years. My dream hats. Pretty much all 1/1. The one that isn't has been the only one traded in like 6-7 years.

I've been inactive for over a year and have maybe logged 50 hours over the last 3 years. Should I feel guilty about keeping them? 

edit: oh, you can edit posts. Boomer moment 

better to keep than sell and regret down the line,however if you are no longer pleased with them and desire new hats instead i might have sacrificed one

You should not feel guilty about keeping them, they are yours after all. It's 100% up to you if you want to sell them or not.
Even if people cry about wanting them, 90% want them to sell for quick profit and the other 10% can survive without another shiny hat in their backpack.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'm probably going to just keep them and go back under my rock for a few more years 😆. Hopefully I muster the enthusiasm to launch the game and see some of you soon. 

I'll leave this open for a little bit in case anyone else wants to give some advice or relate to what I'm going through.

Also, the thread has been open 30 minutes I've received 5 random adds. So supportive of my dilemma that they want to talk to me privately about it! How kind!!

1 hour ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

better to keep than sell and regret down the line,however if you are no longer pleased with them and desire new hats instead i might have sacrificed one

KEEP THEM! Trust me! I've owned my handful of godtiers and theres some that I miss. They're you're hats (right now) so don't feel bad about keeping them! But yes, KEEP THEM!

• Like 1

Not at all. I had to sell my favourite hat last year because unemployment was REALLY ruining me, and I miss it every time I play the game. They're just cosmetics, but they're yours. Enjoy them, it's not selfish.

"Should I f-feel bad for keeping items that're almost guaranteed to continue rising in value the longer I hold them, leading to substantial long-term gains for my patience?" 👉👈

Morally: You're completely fine.
Financially: You're even better

20 minutes ago, duskfen said:

"Should I f-feel bad for keeping items that're almost guaranteed to continue rising in value the longer I hold them, leading to substantial long-term gains for my patience?" 👉👈

Morally: You're completely fine.
Financially: You're even better

more like guaranteed to go to zero in the very long term 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, abcomputer said:

more like guaranteed to go to zero in the very long term 

is this another reason why everybody should quicksell their stuff to you?

money-sniff.gif.13cd4e2470238f7db66b9b6f6de35c53.gif

SELL EM SELL EM SELL EM :)
jk, do what you want, but if you wanna sell em - hmu 

i added you back in 2021 but got no response haha

Yes you should feel horrible about that, absolutely posotutely terrible!!!

But nah in all seriousness you're the one who owns them you can do whatever you want with them. Hell you could delete them if you wanted to and that'd still be fine cause they're yours

30 minutes ago, duskfen said:

is this another reason why everybody should quicksell their stuff to you?

money-sniff.gif.13cd4e2470238f7db66b9b6f6de35c53.gif

I was just correcting you. You think TF2 would be here in 2030? 2040? That's long term

better you than generic rich asshole with nebula Tupperware on his head #673 owning it and relisting it for 3000 keys each because “rare miscs”

I cashed out in 2016 because I was done and totally thought Id be able to buy my dream sets for even cheaper years later… didn’t turn out like I thought and now the shit I used to have is 5-10x the price

if you don’t need the money it’s pointless to sell

Its kind of scummy but then again, they're yours and you can delete them if you feel like it

Just hold onto them and you'll decide to start playing the game again or sell them one day

Regardless of whether you choose to sell or keep them, would you consider posing in game with them for me for a video?  I make videos highlighting double/triple effect unusual god tier combos, and your sniper one would be amazing to highlight.  You wouldn't trade anything, it'd take 5 minutes in an empty server, and you'd be able to watch the video in the future to reminisce if you do sell them.  Here's an example of the videos I make: 

• Like 3