Honest question

Macioeus

Do you think that tf2 trading is slowly going Down? For ex. All australiums are dropping in price. Want to hear your opinion on that. (ofc There will be people who lost 4 ref in a trade and say that its ded and stuff) 

1 minute ago, Beef said:

Yep, it's all over.

💀. Did the post cose ausie ambasador Below 10 keys. Also I ment slowly going Down. 

For the australiums, I think it's almost the usual rollercoaster effect, that is, going up and down in loop. The Wrench and the Medi Gun, though, have consistently dropped in price simply because they started dropping again in MvM. When you couldn't get them due to a game glitch, their value had a reason to be that high, even almost peaking at 70 and 100 keys respectively. In general, I think that the fashion for australiums got half-killed by the introduction of skins and warpaints.

Australiums are actually more expensive now than they were a year or two ago. A pro KS australium rocket launcher was once at 50 keys, for example, as opposed to >70 today. I remember because I've bought and sold a fair number of them over the years.

Economy is correcting after lockdowns and insane money printing. Inflation is eating into everyday spending so people are less willing to drop on non essentials. Besides that all "digital" stuff that boomed during lockdowns is now on cooldown... 

13 minutes ago, mb_ said:

Economy is correcting after lockdowns and insane money printing. Inflation is eating into everyday spending so people are less willing to drop on non essentials. Besides that all "digital" stuff that boomed during lockdowns is now on cooldown... 

This ^ I think people forget that with the state the TF2 economy was in post-CD, lockdown spending really saved the whole thing.

W-wait, things CAN'T go up forever in a straight line? A-awa!!!?? >m<

cough cough old halloweens and miscs
But yes, the market is correcting. There's a lot of Irl factors that go into it too, but this would've happened regardless once everyone holding these higher tier items all collectively realize "wait, this isn't selling" as soon as they need pure.

3 hours ago, Macioeus said:

Do you think that tf2 trading is slowly going Down? For ex. All australiums are dropping in price. Want to hear your opinion on that. (ofc There will be people who lost 4 ref in a trade and say that its ded and stuff) 

According to my own data that I collect I see little to no downtrend, although some markets has suffered more than others of course but it is all about adaptation. When some segments of the tf2 market is slowing down some other opportunities often shows up in other areas.(as an example rn a lot of bots are correcting their inflated prices and those who don't run out of pure quickly meaning that some tight margins has opened up recently) Just because prices drop on certain items it doesn't mean that trading is slowing down. But yes, the overall pricing is definitively correcting from lockdown craze + crypto profits but people still want stuff, just at a cheaper price. Keep yourself liquid and only buy the best deals and you are all good I'd say :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, duskfen said:

W-wait, things CAN'T go up forever in a straight line? A-awa!!!?? >m<

cough cough old halloweens and miscs
But yes, the market is correcting. There's a lot of Irl factors that go into it too, but this would've happened regardless once everyone holding these higher tier items all collectively realize "wait, this isn't selling" as soon as they need pure.

spoken like someone who doesn't have any old Halloweens...

2 hours ago, Beef said:

spoken like someone who doesn't have any old Halloweens...

I still really like them lol (coughcough knifestorm), keyword, correction. I still think the truly limited/desirable old effects will remain highly valued in the future, but every healthy market sees Its ups and downs. Same applies to miscs, I own 4 of them, and fully expect them to be dead for the time being. They'll still do great if the game keeps growing, it's just that the sales will become slower the higher they go in value.

Australiums will inevitably go down in value as more are dropped and people lose interest in them due to flashy war paints and unusuals.

Valve loves artificial scarcity. Plenty of items that can't be obtained anymore to choose from if you want stuff that at least retains their value.

2 hours ago, Macioeus said:

Damn ig i was wrong XD. My poor poor ausie ambasador :((. Where are all the spy mains that need them

A lot of them have probably moved to diamondback nowadays

Mind you I can't say I run into that many spies who realise they have a gun these days

The economy is actually starting to pickup more and more after a slow late 2022 and early 2023. Seems to be doing great for me at least, and haven’t had anyone else complain about getting trades.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Slam said:

Australiums are actually more expensive now than they were a year or two ago. A pro KS australium rocket launcher was once at 50 keys, for example, as opposed to >70 today. I remember because I've bought and sold a fair number of them over the years.

it was like 110 keys 2-3 yrs ago lol

this is called a correction, let's look at the cs market after the release of cs2, this whole inflated bubble will also burst

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RouzenZaker said:

this is called a correction, let's look at the cs market after the release of cs2, this whole inflated bubble will also burst

im not familiar with cs, has everything been going up a lot since the cs2 announcement?

3 hours ago, abcomputer said:

im not familiar with cs, has everything been going up a lot since the cs2 announcement?

Dear Lord yes