blast defense price crash?

Hoxton11

Anyone know what happened? All effects went down in price quite a bit and it's a decent looking quickswitch misc, are people speculating the equip regions are going to get changed or it is just a case of supply / demand 

image.png

It's uncertainty with Valve's actual opinions regarding the quick-switch glitch, the fact that people who panic sold their quick-switch miscs during the fix likely left a bad taste for the market in their mouths, and an overall need for pure keys (possibly because of the hype in the Counter-strike 2 market, which recently saw a massive spike in prices)

• Like 6

There is a high chance that quickswitch glitch will be fixed in future.

So, not many people really want to overpay for a "limited time" misc.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Norah said:

probably a combination of anxiety and people realising paying that much for a qs misc is a load of shite anyway

Man we should make people more anxious and see if they lower the prices of everything 😈😈😈

7 hours ago, MopkoBka116 said:

What makes you say there is a high chance they will be fixed?

7 hours ago, MopkoBka116 said:

I'd argue that there's a low chance of them fixing it in the future, due to how the glitch has been patched around in the past and the simple fact that the decision was reverted to begin with. It's definitely possible that they fix the glitch, but it's unlikely since valve doesn't like to do things that negetively affect the community. It's not a glitch that affects the game itself, it's got it's own niche within the trading community, and ultimately quickswitches make valve more money. 

And yes, they look ugly with horrible clipping issues galore, but valve clearly doesn't care about how the game looks in that regard. They have no incentive to fix it, because it makes them money and doesn't affect the game itself. 

Personally, I'm one of those weirdos who actually likes the blast defence as a standalone hat, and I'm happy that the price is falling so I can buy them for a cheap and reasonable price.

I quicksold mine to a bot for ~100 keys because I needed pure, sellers were at 180 not long ago when I traded for it, not sure what happened

2 hours ago, Bambi said:

What makes you say there is a high chance they will be fixed?

1 hour ago, Al Solae said:

I'd argue that there's a low chance of them fixing it in the future, due to how the glitch has been patched around in the past and the simple fact that the decision was reverted to begin with. It's definitely possible that they fix the glitch, but it's unlikely since valve doesn't like to do things that negetively affect the community. It's not a glitch that affects the game itself, it's got it's own niche within the trading community, and ultimately quickswitches make valve more money. 

And yes, they look ugly with horrible clipping issues galore, but valve clearly doesn't care about how the game looks in that regard. They have no incentive to fix it, because it makes them money and doesn't affect the game itself. 

Personally, I'm one of those weirdos who actually likes the blast defence as a standalone hat, and I'm happy that the price is falling so I can buy them for a cheap and reasonable price.

First at all, do you guys know, why this outsource guy reverted the patch? 

The reason is, while he fix the "whole_head" equip region, he accidentaly broke another equip region which makes situation worse. (He made hat/head + glasses regions conflict each other). Then, 2 days after he reverted it:
Reverted the +quickswitch bug fix while we evaluate

Which means, there is a high chance to get fixed in future.

Soon or later who knews, but there was always a chance to get this bug fixed, and in september 2022, we actually notice this.

39 minutes ago, MopkoBka116 said:

The reason is, while he fix the "whole_head" equip region, he accidentaly broke another equip region which makes situation worse. (He made hat/head + glasses regions conflict each other). Then, 2 days after he reverted it:

Soon or later who knews, but there was always a chance to get this bug fixed, and in september 2022, we actually notice this.

Keep in mind it takes Valve 2-5 years to evaluate, if lucky.

12 hours ago, MopkoBka116 said:

So, not many people really want to overpay for a "limited time" misc.

as if valve would fix anything that would hinder their profits. or fix anything at all. the unpaid "freelance" workers however could fix it but that would be pretty controversial, wouldn't it?

Edited by thebanditruby
softened the blow on valve (like they'd care)

bought my scorching blast for 100 keys after the anti-Quickswitch update, sold it 2 weeks later for 200. Quick switches will forever be a weird market. these prices seem a bit more stable than they have been in the past.

On 3/29/2023 at 3:06 PM, MopkoBka116 said:

I get your point but, wasn't the Cranial Cowl "fixed" from being a Quickswitch? which was then reverted. They know how to fix them, without breaking other things. In all truth, correcting the bug is more effort than its worth. Especially after the backlash of the time they last did it. Its time for people to realise that because its such a half-issue, there's literally no benefit to fixing it. 

• Like 2

On 3/29/2023 at 11:51 PM, Pollen! said:

I quicksold mine to a bot for ~100 keys because I needed pure, sellers were at 180 not long ago when I traded for it, not sure what happened

you might have quicksold it to me LOL i had it listed for 101 and ended up getting a seller not too long ago. 

On 3/29/2023 at 10:06 AM, MopkoBka116 said:

Glasses region miscs were fixed before they reverted the quickswitch patch, i dont think that really has anything to do with them reverting it.