Burning Flames Team Captain Price Going Down

RussellSproutz

For context purposes I left the price suggestion here by smartieshehe:

Burning Flames Team Captain priced at 6300 keys: https://backpack.tf/suggestion/63970895f60eb426960cdbad

Kind of crazy this suggestion went. I downvoted it first and thanks to wise traders, such as <blank>, and smartieshehe and mods that contributed, such as Fish and Lemons (and many more of course), I changed my vote to an upvote supporting the price change.

For more information I'll provide the Burning Flames Mask of Shaman priced at 6300 keys by Le man here below:

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/63b36fcf546cc337d806e091

There is an established precedent for accepting suggestions such as these. They have been accepted on the following terms in the past:

"I would like to point out that screaming "You're wrong" to people in the community that are trying to contribute to the suggestion without elaborating does not help anyone, especially not if they were your own sales/purchases, of which you yourself evidently know what happened."

-FishCrimes

Still kind of crazy both big ticket items are the identical price. Imo I'd prefer the BFTC.

Nonetheless, I'm open to what you all think. Any thoughts? For me, big ticket items priced. ^_^

Feedback welcome! Thanks and have a great rest of your day, everyone! 😄

• Thanks 1

With the really high end it all becomes a numbers game

There are simply too many Burning TCs and by virtue of that too many available (either directly listed for sale or available if you contact the owner) to support the price ratio they once commanded.

That being said, the price ratio they currently command, with a population of 17 (not counting dupes) is WAY high for anything that isn't a misc.

The Shaman is a bit of an oddball because in theory at least, you can still get a burning one. But there is just the one and its been that way for a while.

Most really expensive stuff in that range can't be unboxed anymore (or in the last 5+ years for that matter)

Currently its hard to truly compare prices on top end because of low sales volume. This low volume goes hand in hand with the very low population count on nearly all these hats.

There are many very low population < 3 that just don't sell/exist for sale in modern trading times. But at the same time, many of these hats could command far more than a burning TC if they hit the market with a knowledgeable seller.

And here at the end I'll put a plug for my single sale outlier theory. Particularly prevalent on 1/1s (like that shaman) sometimes a motivated buyer/stubborn seller combo can result in astronomical sales compared to others for a hat. With them being 1/1 and pretty much never selling again for years (at least) the sale itself is real, the price is within the rules 'real', but its not as real as a price for a hat with 30 existing and 10 sales in the last year. Effectively a really high price with a negligible chance of being realized again without waiting for many years isn't really a price at all, its more of a sale report.

• Like 2

it lines with prophecies,now we have to wait for a unusual from smissmas 2021 crate pool be really high end

• Haha 1

Ngl when I first heard of it and even now I don't see the fuckin appeal, it's a crappy hat that looks like the patriots peak or salty dog, but only for the 3 douchiest classes to main. And flames?? That's boring as hell.

• Like 1

I've been saying this day would come for a long time! TC just isn't where the community is at anymore. Miscs and halloween effects are just too attractive and rare...

• Like 1

If you look at it technically, the burning flames team captain is literally a 1000 keys~ hat at maximum.
The only reason it even stayed as high as it did (and didn't die like the killer exclusive, eesh), was because it became popular FOR being the most expensive hat in TF2, even in the modern day. People outside of TF2/non-traders don't say "Poisoned Shadows Antlers!!! zomg!!!", they say "OMGG!! TEAM CAPTAIN!", and that's what actually makes it valuable.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, duskfen said:

(and didn't die like the killer exclusive, eesh)

what happened to the killer exclusive? did people realize spy is a terrible class to wear unusuals on?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LaughingLollipop said:

With the really high end it all becomes a numbers game

There are simply too many Burning TCs and by virtue of that too many available (either directly listed for sale or available if you contact the owner) to support the price ratio they once commanded.

That being said, the price ratio they currently command, with a population of 17 (not counting dupes) is WAY high for anything that isn't a misc.

The Shaman is a bit of an oddball because in theory at least, you can still get a burning one. But there is just the one and its been that way for a while.

Most really expensive stuff in that range can't be unboxed anymore (or in the last 5+ years for that matter)

Currently its hard to truly compare prices on top end because of low sales volume. This low volume goes hand in hand with the very low population count on nearly all these hats.

There are many very low population < 3 that just don't sell/exist for sale in modern trading times. But at the same time, many of these hats could command far more than a burning TC if they hit the market with a knowledgeable seller.

And here at the end I'll put a plug for my single sale outlier theory. Particularly prevalent on 1/1s (like that shaman) sometimes a motivated buyer/stubborn seller combo can result in astronomical sales compared to others for a hat. With them being 1/1 and pretty much never selling again for years (at least) the sale itself is real, the price is within the rules 'real', but its not as real as a price for a hat with 30 existing and 10 sales in the last year. Effectively a really high price with a negligible chance of being realized again without waiting for many years isn't really a price at all, its more of a sale report.

That really makes sense!

2 hours ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

what happened to the killer exclusive? did people realize spy is a terrible class to wear unusuals on?

The KE can be found as an unusual in the Unlocked Multi-class crate, whereas the Team Captain can only be found by opening up the older crates. So, way more unusual KEs get unboxed compared to TCs.

This could be a result of the liquidity crisis in Western banking. I wonder if Credit Suisse or SVB was heavily invested in tf2 unusuals, and the price drop is related to their selling of assets below market. /s

lmao at the buyer in the suggestion

"I didn't pay this price but I'm also not going to provide any evidence showing otherwise"

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, TheTexanTiger said:

This could be a result of the liquidity crisis in Western banking. I wonder if Credit Suisse or SVB was heavily invested in tf2 unusuals, and the price drop is related to their selling of assets below market. /s

sorry that was me, my hedge-fund bought bf tcs on margin, Credit Suisse liquidated our position tho :C

• Haha 1