[Warning] Do not buy large quantity of in-game store items.

Simple

Hey, everyone, recently I bought a "large" amount of non-craft keys thru the in-game store. (about 160) and I received an error while steam was confirming my transaction.

(My funds have been sitting on steam for a while before this, they came from steam community market sales)

However, steam took the balance and did not deliver the items, delivering the following message.
"We were unable to get information about the current status of the items in this purchase from the game's item server. Try again later if you'd like to see more information about this purchase."

Going to transaction history the same message appears, with adtional info of transaction ID and € values.

Being that it has been 24 hours since the purchase I am trying to request a refund. And to my surprise I get this.

"We are having a temporary problem communicating with the game's item server. Unfortunately, this prevents us from being able to continue with your refund request. Please try again later."

So in the end. No money. No items. No refund. F in the chat.

Technically you can ask for a refund again later, due to it being an issue on their case. (Or at the very end, an error of procedure/entreprise that could go in suing them?)

Just theorizing, don't take what I say for granted.

I'm guessing you were trying to purchase the keys just as the tuesday maintenance was going on? I had this exact same thing happen to me around november and it hasn't resolved itself, luckily in my case all I was purchasing was 4 tour of duty tickets so I didn't even bother making a support ticket.

This happened to me before with $20 purchase.

It went through on my bank account but I didn't get any items. 

Purchase history showed I received the items.

I couldn't find the support ticket area as it kept rerouting me to some automated page that had no relevancy to my purchase.

I gave up and to this day I still never got my items (8x Jungle Jackpot Keys), this was like 2 years ago.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, AwesomeSause said:

damn wait you buy em from the in game store???

if you are not american you can get stuff cheaper than scm

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

if you are not american you can get stuff cheaper than scm

Damn I didn't know that, I coulda been ballin

4 hours ago, RicK mai said:

This happened to me before with $20 purchase.

It went through on my bank account but I didn't get any items. 

Purchase history showed I received the items.

I couldn't find the support ticket area as it kept rerouting me to some automated page that had no relevancy to my purchase.

I gave up and to this day I still never got my items (8x Jungle Jackpot Keys), this was like 2 years ago.

https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpRequests

I'm surprised you're even able to

I've only ever been able to get at the most 20 non-craft keys at once from the store, anymore and it will give an error

Just a shame an indie company like Valve has trouble with big trading titans like us smh

23 hours ago, Simple said:

Hey, everyone, recently I bought a "large" amount of non-craft keys thru the in-game store. (about 160) and I received an error while steam was confirming my transaction.

(My funds have been sitting on steam for a while before this, they came from steam community market sales)

However, steam took the balance and did not deliver the items, delivering the following message.
"We were unable to get information about the current status of the items in this purchase from the game's item server. Try again later if you'd like to see more information about this purchase."

Going to transaction history the same message appears, with adtional info of transaction ID and € values.

Being that it has been 24 hours since the purchase I am trying to request a refund. And to my surprise I get this.

"We are having a temporary problem communicating with the game's item server. Unfortunately, this prevents us from being able to continue with your refund request. Please try again later."

So in the end. No money. No items. No refund. F in the chat.

[Update] After I annoyed support with multiple tickets I got an awnser and the € amount was sent back to my wallet. Now I am the one who scammed steam. I have trading cards and steam points. That were not refunded.

• Like 1