Error loading backpack / Inventory not updating

wen
Abstract
Message added by Abstract,

Read this before making more threads about inventory issues for backpack.tf

Inventories not loading/updating are a result of Steam heavily rate-limiting inventory loading for everyone, including backpack.tf.

Additionally, TF2's item servers are not known to be reliable, especially when there's a new event/sale.

As a result of this, inventories might not load properly or load fallback inventories, which is used when an inventory can't be loaded normally.

Fallback inventories do NOT update your backpack.

You can check how well inventories are loading here: https://next.backpack.tf/almanac/steam-api-health

The only way to resolve your issue(s) is by refreshing your backpack until it loads properly (no errors/fallback).

If you absolutely need to update your backpack, you can use an automatic refresher here: https://forums.backpack.tf/topic/81497-backpack-automatic-refresh-script-2023-edition/

On 1/2/2023 at 9:28 AM, Tasty Salamanders said:

Everyone in this thread should have been updated in the last day or two thanks to Abstract's refresh script.

I am not installing python (which imo is tricky to install), to use a rando's code for something that should be working without outside help. Why does the site not use that man's code instead of the code they are using that is currently clearly failing? Backpack.tf need to protect their users from using third party scripts to cease a possible phising or scamming scripts being used as a trojan horse to grab people's items. I'm not installing code and putting my bp at risk, no way.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

Bro, you are THE most useless person on this forum. All you ever do is link the last posted complaint about inventory updates, which never has an answer, just another post from your dumbass that links to an even older complaint. It's like being in a room of mirrors, and all you see is the same dipshit over and over and over.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Rylakai said:

Bro, you are THE most useless person on this forum. All you ever do is link the last posted complaint about inventory updates, which never has an answer, just another post from your dumbass that links to an even older complaint. It's like being in a room of mirrors, and all you see is the same dipshit over and over and over.

It's more because most forum regulars are completely sick of these topics, namely because no one seems to have the idea of looking at an already posted topic or using the search function and instead prefers to add yet another topic about it, further clogging things up. Just looking at the front pages alone on the various boards, I can count over 20 topics all asking the exact same question.

It's like working at a fast food joint with a broken soda machine. You'll have signs on every door, every register, and the menu board, and directly tell people before they give you their order, but they'll still try ordering a diet coke. Then the person behind them who saw everything go down will come up to the register and ask, "can I get a medium diet coke?".

On 1/29/2023 at 11:58 PM, Rylakai said:

Says the person with only 1 post (which isn't even a response to the thread topic). 

The thread(s) I'm linking do have responses/answers to the 'backpack not updating' concern.  I've just been linking where the answer(s) can be found rather than reposting the answer itself.

On 1/6/2023 at 3:56 PM, -Daki- said:

Maybe this video might help you guys? Well technically you must have your api key registered to see changes in your backpack

how does this help

For a whole month my inventory has been using a fallback even though I play frequently and update my inventory often. Is there something I did that made it stop updating? I wanna buy a few sandman's but I cant even show them in my inventory since it wont update.

9 hours ago, Lucyfer said:

post number 9636245 about inventories

I can’t put up buy offers for sandman’s because it won’t show my ref amounts  :(.

18 hours ago, Sandman Enjoyer said:
23 hours ago, Vrakos Anthrakir said:

2 years is insane

Not really, your backpack won't even try to update/refresh unless somebody opens it on the site so it's pretty likely just that the other thread-poster wasn't active in trading and such, and came back after a couple years to find that it wasn't immediately updating (as per usual).