Error loading backpack / Inventory not updating

wen
Abstract
Message added by Abstract,

Read this before making more threads about inventory issues for backpack.tf

Inventories not loading/updating are a result of Steam heavily rate-limiting inventory loading for everyone, including backpack.tf.

Additionally, TF2's item servers are not known to be reliable, especially when there's a new event/sale.

As a result of this, inventories might not load properly or load fallback inventories, which is used when an inventory can't be loaded normally.

Fallback inventories do NOT update your backpack.

You can check how well inventories are loading here: https://next.backpack.tf/almanac/steam-api-health

The only way to resolve your issue(s) is by refreshing your backpack until it loads properly (no errors/fallback).

If you absolutely need to update your backpack, you can use an automatic refresher here: https://forums.backpack.tf/topic/81497-backpack-automatic-refresh-script-2023-edition/

so i couldnt update my inventory for 3 months now. It says "fallback inventories disabled" and i dont know how to turn it off. Can someone pleeeease help me?

Download.png

27 minutes ago, DuhBlock said:

so i couldnt update my inventory for 3 months now. It says "fallback inventories disabled" and i dont know how to turn it off. Can someone pleeeease help me?

Download.png

This is unfortunately not something you can fix on your own, that's a Steam issue. The least you can do is refresh your backpack until it updates.

Yeah i can't update my inventory it's been 14 days and i still can't, i readed some topics that people created who sharing same issue with me and now i know it's a steam api issue. all i want to say is, some people are listing stuff and refreshing their backpacks with no problem, how that happens? can anyone explain why they can but i can't

22 minutes ago, mangg said:

Yeah i can't update my inventory it's been 14 days and i still can't, i readed some topics that people created who sharing same issue with me and now i know it's a steam api issue. all i want to say is, some people are listing stuff and refreshing their backpacks with no problem, how that happens? can anyone explain why they can but i can't

Because its an API issue.. sometimes it works but 90% of the time it doesnt.

Download python and use this helpful auto-refresh script:

It is the most useful tool for getting an updated backpack on this site, but even it sometimes takes hours in between refreshes. Steam's APIs just suck because they don't dedicate enough resources to their servers...

On 12/30/2022 at 1:04 AM, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

29 minutes ago, Bukz said:

Download python and use this helpful auto-refresh script:

It is the most useful tool for getting an updated backpack on this site, but even it sometimes takes hours in between refreshes. Steam's APIs just suck because they don't dedicate enough resources to their servers...

for guys like me who dont know anything about python, how do we even use this? when i tried to use it didnt understand anything😭

Abstract
This post was recognized by Abstract!

Bukz was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 50 points.

Assuming you are using windows and have installed python properly (MAKE SURE YOU SELECT ADD .EXE TO PATH WHEN INSTALLING PYTHON):

Use this link to download the script to your computer: https://gitlab.com/carbonwind/backpack-automatic-refresher-redux/-/raw/main/refreshbp.py?inline=false

• Put it somewhere easy to find like your downloads folder.
  • Open your web browser and go to https://backpack.tf/connections - once there, underneath "User Token" click the "Show token" button. Copy this string to your clipboard.
  • Using any text editor, open the "refreshbp.py" file that you downloaded.

On line 42 of the file you will see the following:

token = "" # Put your token from https://backpack.tf/connections
  • Paste the token string that you copied in between the quotation marks on this line. It should look like this when you are done modifying it:
token = "YOUR TOKEN STRING HERE" # Put your token from https://backpack.tf/connections
  • Save the changes and exit the text editor.
  • Open a command prompt by clicking the start menu, typing "cmd" and pressing enter.
  • Use the "cd" command to navigate to the folder that you downloaded the script to, then execute the script. If you used the downloads folder like I suggested you should enter the following 2 commands:
cd downloads

refreshbp.py

The script will ask for your ID64 if you did everything properly. You can get your ID64 by viewing your own backpack on backpack.tf. It is the string of numbers at the end of the URL. I attached an image of my ID64 as an example. The script will automatically try to refresh your backpack every 3 minutes, and when it works it will automatically stop and notify you that it was updated. To update your backpack again, you will have to relaunch the script by using the command prompt with the same 2 commands as before.

forum.png

• Thanks 1

my backpack hasnt been updated in over 5 months and i keep on trying everyday but it wont work i have tried everything

Same and I'm honestly not sure what to do abt it. I tried resorting my inv, been updating the page every day and also made sure my profile and inv are both public. Any1 know a fix?