Error loading backpack / Inventory not updating

wen
Abstract
Message added by Abstract,

Read this before making more threads about inventory issues for backpack.tf

Inventories not loading/updating are a result of Steam heavily rate-limiting inventory loading for everyone, including backpack.tf.

Additionally, TF2's item servers are not known to be reliable, especially when there's a new event/sale.

As a result of this, inventories might not load properly or load fallback inventories, which is used when an inventory can't be loaded normally.

Fallback inventories do NOT update your backpack.

You can check how well inventories are loading here: https://next.backpack.tf/almanac/steam-api-health

The only way to resolve your issue(s) is by refreshing your backpack until it loads properly (no errors/fallback).

If you absolutely need to update your backpack, you can use an automatic refresher here: https://forums.backpack.tf/topic/81497-backpack-automatic-refresh-script-2023-edition/

That happens due to a recent issue with the Steam API key. On backpack.tf discord, it has been announced that the site has disables fallback inventories as well because of this. You have to wait, sadly.

That happens due to a recent issue with the Steam API key. On backpack.tf discord, it has been announced that the site has disables fallback inventories as well because of this. You have to wait, sadly.

For 2 years though???

Keep refreshing your backpack on backpack.tf, make sure your steam profile and inventory aren't private, and try opening tf2 and sorting your backpack, sometimes that works for me.

I have the same issue. I've been coming back every few days for the last 2 weeks or so and it never updates. It won't update on backpack or bazaar, but scrap.tf doesn't have any issue.

On 12/28/2022 at 1:34 PM, Mayor said:

I have the same issue. I've been coming back every few days for the last 2 weeks or so and it never updates.

Updated it for you.

I have been having the same issue for 8 days now, where it states "Fallback inventories disabled". Tried to open TF2, sort backpack and log in and out of everything. Very unfortunate that you just have to wait

As the title says, my backpack on backpack.tf hasn't updated in 7 months. I do consistently play and get new stuff traded in and out of my inventory quite often so you can understand my frustration when my backpack doesnt updated afterwards.

Does anyone know a fix?

image.png.06432b190d7166790d4b851a48194b25.png

It is happening to a ton of people in this period. The site has disabled fallback because the Steam API key is having huge problems these days, as the official discord says. If your backpack doesn't get updated with manual refreshes on the site or with a sorting by filters/modifications with additions or loss of items in-game, you have to wait until the API is stable enough to let everything update.

Inventory unavailable

If an inventory cannot be fetched for some reason, we will try to show you the last snapshot we have. Unfortunately, there are no previous snapshots available.

Also Fallback inventories disable. How to undisable it

image.png.1bcc86fd66c7f7a8d692a28e1638fd66.png
It's a very common issue of the site in these days, you probably need to wait if refreshing or modifying your inventory with new items or trades doesn't work. Check out the previous forum posts for more info.

Yeah, the same problem.  I have "fallback inventories disabled" for 10 days. Sorting backpack and changing class items is not working for some reason