Any tips on how to get bigger profit with keys and metal?

John Yakuza

In the past week I've been cashing out my TF2 inv for real money and got everything else sold for a bunch of metal and about 80 keys, now I'm looking forward to get big profits with what I got left. Any tips and tricks?

Buy low, sell high, and focus on mid-tier unusuals like gen 1 effects such as burning flames, scorching flames, purple energy and green energy to name a few with hats for classes, such as scout, soldier and sniper classes. I've seen these be very high in demand. They'll take time, but patience is the name of the game. 

• Like 1

This is highly confidential trade bot algorithms:

buy_price = (best_offer / 2) / 2;

if (current_price < buy_price) {
    buyItem();
}

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

Good hats with mid tier effects are better than shit hats with god tier effects. Trade in items that people actually want, always look for deals where you can, and be prepared to spend a lot of time searching. Don't fuck around with skins, unless they're strange and fac new. You're better off taking safe slow bets than fast risky ones. Be weary of high value items in general, the more expensive an item the less buyers you'll have for it, the less likely it'll sell. Be respectful, and don't be tempted into making trades for the sake of moving inventory. If something looks too good to be true it probably is. Niche markets like unusual skins, spells, low crafts, etc, are hard to learn and can be lucrative if you get into them, but are ultimately high risk high reward, so proceed with caution. Lastly, don't trade if you have the disposable income to just buy things. The TF2 economy has become so oversaturated and revolves so heavily around backpack that trading really isn't as fun as it used to be. Do it if you have to or want to, but don't take it seriously if you can afford to, because it's painfully slow and plagued with uncertainty.