Gift wrapped items: date received

Rancid Feet

Would you guys consider this "rare"?

Gift wraps were released in 10/27/2010, so this item has remained with the gift item tag a week after the item was released, which is pretty cool.

Not gonna buy it, but does anyone have other items like this?

Also I remember back then you couldn't remove the gift tag and long time ago people didn't like items with the gift tag, so once the option was allowed to restore items, a lot of the gift tag descriptions were scrubbed.

image.thumb.png.18e593b9fe6217569b9f47e4c006b116.png

its rare and I've had instances where I see items signed from 2010-2014 on sale, but when they sell the new owner removes that signature
really bums me as its happened twice when looking for a strange scattergun signed in 2014, most of those are in collectors inventories and such

I was lucky to find a cheap botkiller signed in 2013, not sure who would buy it at what price but I love collecting old signatures (and recently started doing so again)

reminds me of the good old days when gifted items were worth less than normal. It's ironic to think nowadays gifted items can be worth more than normal simply because the tag wasn't removed, when back in the day if you could remove it then they'd be worth more

• Like 2

4 hours ago, den_ said:

its rare and I've had instances where I see items signed from 2010-2014 on sale, but when they sell the new owner removes that signature
really bums me as its happened twice when looking for a strange scattergun signed in 2014, most of those are in collectors inventories and such

I was lucky to find a cheap botkiller signed in 2013, not sure who would buy it at what price but I love collecting old signatures (and recently started doing so again)

huh i never knew there was a market for these. do you have a community or something?

6 hours ago, SoundDrout said:

reminds me of the good old days when gifted items were worth less than normal. It's ironic to think nowadays gifted items can be worth more than normal simply because the tag wasn't removed, when back in the day if you could remove it then they'd be worth more

Yep, back then some people gifted unusuals to bypass the untradeable timeframe, and for some reason people did not like the gifted tags.

Mainly for high priced items, mostly unusuals, so its pretty rare to find one still remaining from 2010/2011 on an unusual or any higher priced item.

38 minutes ago, Jason Le said:

image.png.6caf13e9b5f462d1615ec298991edd0f.png

*cough cough*

Ah well, I checked wiki, guess I was wrong xD

Anyone know when the exact date was? I can't remember.

10 hours ago, n_n said:

Link? I don't see it in your inventory.

Check again <:

11 hours ago, RicK mai said:

Ah well, I checked wiki, guess I was wrong xD

No, you were right

17 hours ago, G R O W U P said:

huh i never knew there was a market for these. do you have a community or something?

no, I just search for these on my own terms
painstakingly looking thru backpack.tf for gifted items (please add a gifted item filter thx) and steam market using the "use descriptions in search" checkbox then adding "date 2014" or something to peruse items signed in 2014

theres also a few collectors who collect old signatures mainly from comp players

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, n_n said:

Maybe it's possible that this was from a giftapult? Not sure when that came to be.

Unlikely, giftapults were added in 2013 

9 hours ago, Jason Le said:

Check again <:

No, you were right

maybe the wiki guys are wrong, you can submit this as evidence and have him fired

• 2 weeks later...