All-Class Classifieds Search Filter

Phone

This has been requested to death, but it seriously needs to be added. Its not like it is impossible, marketplace.tf did this. It is also an option in the Unusual Pricing page on backpack. Another issue is that when you select a class, it only shows that one class, so lthe only way to search for all-class hats is to manually sort through random hats to find something you want or search specifically for a base hat. I'm in the position where i am trying to find either a medic only unusual or an all-class cosmetic. But i am unable to find anything. because of the limitations of the filter system

One post from early this year pointed out that you could use manual filtering in the url to search for multi, but that seems to be broken now or atleast it does not work for me. Check second comment in the following forum post. OP replied with their thanks, so I assume it would have worked at the time. I dont know what update broke this method, but it should probably be reverted and added as a filter in the search function. This topic isnt recent either, if you type type "backpack.tf filter for allclass" many posts are from 2013-2015

So to actually find something I want:

I will have many tabs open lookin for something I want.

One tab sorting by price decending, then scrolling to the price range to avoid the low-tier spam.

Another tab sorting by a single effect and price decending.

Another tab sorting by only one or two effects to again... avoid low-teir item spam.

Repeat the last line for another few effects such that i can actually find an all-class in the price range. 

Add any other type of way to filter classified listings to try to make it easier to find all-classes.

Due to the inflation that has been happening in the past 1-2 years now, bp prices are very inconsitant (aside from very frequently traded items like nebula translators), so looking at classifieds is the only way to get a more updated price. Looking at bp price as a judgement for a budget is not even reasonable anymore, so again, finding an all-class unusual in your budget becomes even harder when you HAVE to use classifieds, and you cannot directly search for all-classes.

I seriously do not understand how this has not been solved. This is a necessity now. Spell searches came before what would seem like a basic filter. Hell, even skins have a filter for type and wear, even if it is really finiky it still came before multi-class filters.

Another "bonus" filter would be to include a price range to filter out low-teir unusuals. This would help greatly aswell. If i had a budged of x keys, I could search for a range of x-y keys to x keys. This however could 100% wait, All-class filters needs to be added first.

Edited by Phone
Misstype
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...