What's with craft hats lately?

Sharp Volcano Fragment

First, their prices have gone from 1.33-1.55 to 1.77-2.11 ref

Second, There are barely any in bp.tf, scrap, stn, etc.

1 hour ago, Alecto said:

People using them in transmutes to try get chicken kiev/beep man etc

but I thought those were untradable, and I don't understand why craft hat prices are going up

25 minutes ago, Sharp Volcano Fragment said:

but I thought those were untradable, and I don't understand why craft hat prices are going up

As bizarre as it seems, there are some people out there that play the game and just want an item to have and use rather than flip for profit.

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Scott Bakula said:

As bizarre as it seems, there are some people out there that play the game and just want an item to have and use rather than flip for profit.

interesting

what scott said

plus,let's say you decide to spend 80 or so refs on craft hats aka transmutes

the risk / reward isn't so terrible because several items (not just the birdheads or beep man) are well over 1-2 keys

in other words : tradeable chicken kiev for 30 keys ? no

untradeable chicken kiev for 80 refs ? yes,please

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2022 at 4:33 PM, fran said:

untradeable chicken kiev for 80 refs ? yes,please

I hope I'm not reviving a dead thread but I've also heard of people who stack these untradeable items every Halloween and then just sell the whole account. Not really sure how many people actually do this considering it's against steam's TOS, but VAC only works some of the time on TF2 so you never know. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

45 minutes ago, TheOutwardRug44 said:

I hope I'm not reviving a dead thread but I've also heard of people who stack these untradeable items every Halloween and then just sell the whole account. Not really sure how many people actually do this considering it's against steam's TOS, but VAC only works some of the time on TF2 so you never know. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

This would have nothing to do with vac - the account might get trade banned, while vac bans are for cheating

On 10/24/2022 at 8:37 PM, Scott Bakula said:

"To have and to hold,"

"From this day forward,"

et cetera.

I like my 1 of 1 Unusual, I like to use/wear it when its effects can be seen/heard, and its eventual/potential disappearance from the game is a low priority for me. I don't care if my 1 of 1 Unusual disappears during my custody. If that happens, I had it last, so neener-neener.