Security check glitch

JB21

Hello, I know this is not the right place to post this, but I've already submitted a "Bug Report" on the matter a few days ago and nobody has responded to it. Here is my problem:
"Backpack.tf opens up normally for me when I'm using Google Chrome while not playing games. However, when I join a game and load Google Chrome on the Steam Overlay, if I try to open backpack.tf, it just keeps doing the Security Check, asking about pictures and if I'm human, the usual stuff. And it's non-stop, even when I answer and prove I'm not a bot, it just won't leave the Security Check page. It only happens when I'm in-game."

If anybody could help me out I would deeply appreciate it, thank you very much, yours truly, JB.

30 minutes ago, JB21 said:

I appreciate the quick reply from you guys, but Chrome is my default browser. What now oO?

Don't use the Steam Overlay for now. Whatever is used for the DDoS protection right now is preventing Steam browsers from ever completing bot verification.

6 minutes ago, Abstract said:

Don't use the Steam Overlay for now. Whatever is used for the DDoS protection right now is preventing Steam browsers from ever completing bot verification.

Ok, I understand. But is this happening to more people than just me? And are the responsibles aware this is going on yet?

1 minute ago, JB21 said:

Ok, I understand. But is this happening to more people than just me? And are the responsibles aware this is going on yet?

Yes, it's happening to everyone. I'm sure they're aware but it's not in their priorities right now.

Just now, Abstract said:

Yes, it's happening to everyone. I'm sure they're aware but it's not in their priorities right now.

Ok, thank you very much.

Now I've got a question though: you guys told me to keep using my default browser, which is Chrome, and things will be alright; however this glitch keeps happening to me on my default browser, Chrome. What's up with that?

7 minutes ago, JB21 said:

Now I've got a question though: you guys told me to keep using my default browser, which is Chrome, and things will be alright; however this glitch keeps happening to me on my default browser, Chrome. What's up with that?

Open Chrome as you normally would if you didn't play games

On 10/8/2022 at 1:39 PM, JB21 said:

when I join a game and load Google Chrome on the Steam Overlay

, not with the Steam overlay.

24 minutes ago, Abstract said:

Open Chrome as you normally would if you didn't play games

, not with the Steam overlay.

Ah, I understood now: you mean things will run normally if you open up your default browser and try to access backpack.tf while not in-game. Yeah, that's correct, I can access backpack.tf normally when I'm not playing a game. The issue only happens when I'm in-game, even with my default browser Google Chrome.

On 10/9/2022 at 6:21 PM, JB21 said:

Ah, I understood now: you mean things will run normally if you open up your default browser and try to access backpack.tf while not in-game. Yeah, that's correct, I can access backpack.tf normally when I'm not playing a game. The issue only happens when I'm in-game, even with my default browser Google Chrome.

Is that it Abstract?

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, JB21 said:

Any news Abstract?

Not really, since I'm not on your computer I can't really suggest much more than what I already suggested, which was to use your normal browser (not Steam's browser).

18 hours ago, Abstract said:

Not really, since I'm not on your computer I can't really suggest much more than what I already suggested, which was to use your normal browser (not Steam's browser).

But I use the normal browser, my default browser Chrome. When I'm not in game, it works fine, as you can see I'm here writing these replies, right? But when I join a game and open the Steam Overlay, and open Chrome there, it works on every site, except for backpack.tf.

On 10/29/2022 at 1:01 AM, Abstract said:

Could you explain to me what is "to use your normal browser (not Steam's browser)" please? And did you understand what I'm trying explain about my problem? Any help/advice would be appreciated please.

On 10/29/2022 at 6:55 PM, JB21 said:

when I join a game and open the Steam Overlay

36 minutes ago, JB21 said:

Could you explain to me what is "to use your normal browser (not Steam's browser)" please?

Read the messages I sent here before carefully.

On 10/8/2022 at 6:26 PM, Abstract said:

Don't use the Steam Overlay

• Abstract locked this topic