I'm not actually that stupid, I know you have retarded date stuff out there

See ya in october

Oktoberfest

See ya in october

no, just no

• 2 weeks later...

A three day ban is what you could do Vince.  Did you try supporting your arguments?  Did you talk to me like some mods did Long218?  Did you do anything other than support some users who were lying or were alts?  

Here is what you could have done.  In order to say that auctions are not valid proof, and add them to the shit ton of other things that are not valid proof, you could have researched past auctions that corresponded with regular transactions from either backpack or outpost (I am not confining it this item as it is rarely traded). I mean Fiskie and Liddo Jr are readily available to help with this research.  This would show if auctions actually undermined the value of items in any significant way (you know, actual scientific research).  If you had done this you might have been able to discern whether there was any evidence to support your feelings on the matter.  Isn’t that the mantra here?  Don’t bring your opinions a feeling, proof is king (note I had proof that you simply wanted to ignore for your convenience).

In the end, after three weeks, you did nothing.  You were either too lazy or too incompetent to do your job.  I was not some noob to be so disrespected by you and the site.  I have been a part of this community for a long time.  I have been involved in it for a long time.  I deserved better than this.

To the other mods:  Where were you in all of this?  Auctions are a valid form of trade and yet the site wants to ignore them along with the scm and other situations as proof of demand for an item.

I am so disappointed at the hypocrisy that I have seen, along with the disrespect you have shown me.  I have no choice to but to sadly request a permanent ban from both the site and the forums. 

For anyone who gives a shit:

The original suggestion and from there you will find the other two;

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/537f81764dd7b801788b47fd

The forum post about this event;

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/11684-invalid-price/

I want to thank the rest of the community as I did enjoy my time here and am sad that it ends like this.  GL

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently, he asked to be unbanned? He hasn't done anything yet, but that's something I found curious.

I still don't understand why he became such a drama queen about that suggestion.

I am requesting that my main account (F CHARLIE) be un-banned from the forums.

To answer Grimes I became irritated that my arguement was not countered and yet I was judged to be wrong. No one has proof that auctions are not accurate. My expierience with them is that they are generally accurate. If an item up for auction is desirable it will get hits right up to the last minute that will show this. I have profited from many auctions myself and felt that the people who lead the charge against me where trying to protect the craft/odd item market and those that joined them were concerned that the use of auctions as proof would hurt their trades at some point. Both points of view are ones based on fear that the items they trade in are in fact less desired than thier generally excepted values suggest.

In the end, I felt hurt by the lack of respect I received and lashed out and that was wrong of me. I also found it very hard to not be a part of these discussions. I tried to look at reddit but felt uncomfortable with them. Idk. You people seem to be more fun.

Bump to remind.

As I told you via PM, only Brad can revoke permanent bans. I already messaged him twice about it. You are welcome to message him yourself, but posting in this thread won't really help P:

• Like 1

As I told you via PM, only Brad can revoke permanent bans. I already messaged him twice about it. You are welcome to message him yourself, but posting in this thread won't really help P:

I added him twice but nothing yet but thank you very much.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ban me for as long as I like, tired of the community here so don't give me a reason to come back and put up with the arses.

Ban me for as long as I like, tired of the community here so don't give me a reason to come back and put up with the arses.

I'm afraid you'll need to be a little more specific

can i be banned for 5 minutes, i've been needing to take a poop for weeks, and i just can't get off of the forums. 

Forum bans can't be that short--the minimum increment allowed by the forum software is 1 hour

"I'm afraid you'll need to be a little more specific"

Ah just ignore my previous comment and give me a 24 hour ban for being a idiot :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

text

Cleverpun, could I ask a real honest question? What exact point does requesting a ban serve? I've never understood the concept of it...

Cleverpun, could I ask a real honest question? What exact point does requesting a ban serve? I've never understood the concept of it...

Sometimes people don't trust their own ability to complete work without distractions. Or sometimes they just get sick of a place and want to take a break from it.

• Like 2

Sometimes people don't trust their own ability to complete work without distractions. Or sometimes they just get sick of a place and want to take a break from it.

Thank you, I've never understood why until now. Wish I could like your comment but my like limit is reached D:

• 3 weeks later...

So, Cleverpun, I cannot ask for a ban myself indefinitely?

You can ask for a ban for yourself for any length of time, but be aware that forum bans cannot be revoked

• 3 weeks later...