Steam Community ban

ApothicЯ

Ok, so went on SCM today to buy some stuff like usual (I buy&sell shit ton of things there, 35k€ over the years). And I couldn't afford anything because there was a banner on top saying my account is locked. WTF?!!

image.thumb.png.5724b17e0173775f7d279433f21960cc.png

The message says my account may have been involved in fraudulent activities and has been locked until 2038 😲

It appears I was banned just right after my last sale on SCM, and seems the buyer is community banned too.

Sorry but people don't choose their buyers on SCM. Has it occured to people there before?

It just pisses me off because I fear that support will take weeks/months to answer my reclaim, meanwhile I can't trade/chat/buy&sell stuff on SCM (edit : just found I couldn't use 3rd-party websites cuz the revoked my API key and can't create a new one), it sucks...

EDIT : ok so all went back to normal within 6h (got no answer from support though). Sorry for bothering but that was really scary

• Like 2

• ApothicЯ changed the title to Steam Community ban
13 hours ago, w0lk said:

This rarely happens when you buy something on SCM from an account that was convicted by Valve for scamming/credit card fraud.

rarely? it shouldnt happen at all wtf, you cant choose who buys your stuff, now i'm scarred i got 200 euro in it too