What's up with the buying/buyorder bots disappearing?

I_Am_Tortilla

I have this Cloud 9 Aviator Assasin, and the b/o on it has droped by 15 keys over 2 days, it's at around 10 keys atm but it used to be 25 keys. Is there any particullar reason?

I've had this happened to me before and been a pain when it happens. I think the bots have a limit how long they will put up the buy order on and won't go past a certain limit, after it reaches its limit they will lowball the price.

This happens quite often. It's just the scripts used to make bots set their b/o's. Like @/ Kaesie said, there may be a maximum threshold that causes bots to collectively lower them. There could also be a number of other variables at play such as a recently accepted suggestion on a similar item. 

I really wouldn't worry about it too much, you shouldn't use b/o's to value your items, and rather think of them as a "baseline". Documented sales are the most reliable way to establish an item's value (notice that buy orders in price suggestions are typically used to help determine outliers and support ranges, and aren't used to wholly substantiate a value).

ref: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah it happened to my vivid plasma tipped lid it was at 32 keys last week then it went to 20 keys and now its back to 28 keys. Its comes up and down that's just how it is sometimes. Just hold your items until it deems fit. Don't be pressured to panic sell. 

2 hours ago, Kaesie said:

I've had this happened to me before and been a pain when it happens. I think the bots have a limit how long they will put up the buy order on and won't go past a certain limit, after it reaches its limit they will lowball the price.

Well, it happened to both my hat (other is a searing plasma woodsman) so I guess it's just unlukcy