Vac Banned on my Alt

Wooden House

I had a friend over and he brought his PC, I let him use my alt for GMod because he did not have GMod. Next thing I know the little fucker is on tf2 and is using lmaobox on Skial US. He said he wouldn't get caught no sooner than he said that he got banned from Skial I made him leave. I wanted to choke a bitch. Needless to say he got my Alt Vac banned. He got my alt marked on sourceban (website) and some of the effects Carried over to my main account. I am now banned on Skial and any other servers that use the Sourcebans pluggin. wat do?

My Alt- http://steamcommunity.com/id/bigredtuba

You don't get insta banned on VAC.

It is a passive system.

You must have done something beforehand.

You should have used Steam Family Sharing. Also, isn't it against Steams Subscriber Agreement to let someone else play on your account?

you're responsible for the actions of your account.

Sorry, but Awesome said it best.

3rd and 4th Sentence of the Last Paragraph of Section 1

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

Am I interpreting it correctly?

What to do.

1. Kick your friends ass.

2. Tell Skial what had happened. (Though they will 70% likely not give a shit)

3. Inform steam. (Though they will 80% likely not give a shit)

4. Change your alts password.

What to do.

1. In progress

2. In progress http://www.skial.com/threads/appeal-doge-such-cool.48756/#post-538695

3. Done, but I'm not expecting much

4. Done

1. In progress

2. In progress http://www.skial.com/threads/appeal-doge-such-cool.48756/#post-538695

4. Done

You voluntarily informed Steam that you allowed someone on your account?

You may not reveal, share or otherwise allow others to use your password or Account

You seem to be in violation of Section 1 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement, so don't hope for much. Steam has a Zero-Tolerance policy for violations of the Steam Subscriber Agreement and Online Code of Conduct.

Depending on what you told Steam, you may get your accounts suspended: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5406-WFZC-5519

Well, lets see how this plays out.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this seems to be correct meaning if I am interpreting it correctly.

You voluntarily informed Steam that you allowed someone on your account?

You may not reveal, share or otherwise allow others to use your password or Account

You seem to be in violation of Section 1 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement, so don't hope for much. Steam has a Zero-Tolerance policy for violations of the Steam Subscriber Agreement and Online Code of Conduct.

Depending on what you told Steam, you may get your accounts suspended: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5406-WFZC-5519

Well, lets see how this plays out.

Well shit let's just hope that steam doesn't see my report then. Worst possible outcome like you said I'd just have a temporary suspension.

Well shit let's just hope that steam doesn't see my report then. Worst possible outcome like you said I'd just have a temporary suspension.

Actually, that is one of the better outcomes if you are found to have violated the Steam Subscriber Agreement. If I am understanding it correctly, the worst scenario is account termination.

C. Termination by Valve

Valve may cancel your Account or any particular Subscription(s) at any time in the event that (a) Valve ceases providing such Subscriptions to similarly situated Subscribers generally, or ( b ) you breach any terms of this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use). In the event that your Account or a particular Subscription is terminated or cancelled by Valve for a violation of this Agreement or improper or illegal activity, no refund, including of any Subscription fees or of any unused funds in your Steam Wallet, will be granted.

Again, correct me if I am mistaken. I am in no way an expert on this subject. This is just what I have interpreted it to mean.

Actually, that is one of the better outcomes if you are found to have violated the Steam Subscriber Agreement. If I am understanding it correctly, the worst scenario is account termination.

C. Termination by Valve

Valve may cancel your Account or any particular Subscription(s) at any time in the event that (a) Valve ceases providing such Subscriptions to similarly situated Subscribers generally, or ( b ) you breach any terms of this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use). In the event that your Account or a particular Subscription is terminated or cancelled by Valve for a violation of this Agreement or improper or illegal activity, no refund, including of any Subscription fees or of any unused funds in your Steam Wallet, will be granted.

Again, correct me if I am mistaken. I am in no way an expert on this subject. This is just what I have interpreted it to mean.

Well it's already vac banned and the only 2 games on it is GMod which I can get back for a key. And TF2 which I don't play it on that account, except on special occasions very rarely.

yeah but if you have nothing on that account, why are you so worried about it?

It's effects carried on over to this account because it was on the same IP address, and ever server that uses sourcebans I am automatically banned on (ALL Major servers SKIAL PB Saign) 

It's effects carried on over to this account because it was on the same IP address, and ever server that uses sourcebans I am automatically banned on (ALL Major servers SKIAL PB Saign) 

oh, then you are in a situation i'd not like to be.

weeeeell, good luck i guess

So, if I'm getting this correctly, your alt is VAC-Banned, and your main cannot play on sourcebans using servers.

How many servers actually use sourcebans? I would like to know how severe this punishment would be.

Well it's already vac banned and the only 2 games on it is GMod which I can get back for a key. And TF2 which I don't play it on that account, except on special occasions very rarely.

yeah but if you have nothing on that account, why are you so worried about it?

The only thing I couldn't find any clarification on is the following: "Valve may cancel your Account or any particular Subscription(s) at any time in the event that "

The "Subscription(s)" part is what might be a problem. I am unclear if they mean termination of any account, or termination of all subscriptions. Hopefully not the latter. Any thoughts on that particular section?

So, if I'm getting this correctly, your alt is VAC-Banned, and your main cannot play on sourcebans using servers.

How many servers actually use sourcebans? I would like to know how severe this punishment would be.

Basically any server that's fun ever. Like Skial All of PB's TF2 Newbs Lazy Purples  servers any really Highly populated servers. 

The only thing I couldn't find any clarification on is the following: "Valve may cancel your Account or any particular Subscription(s) at any time in the event that "

The "Subscription(s)" part is what might be a problem. I am unclear if they mean termination of any account, or termination of all subscriptions. Hopefully not the latter. Any thoughts on that particular section?

probably not, as people who use hax usually just make a new account and go play on valve servers all the time

probably not, as people who use hax usually just make a new account and go play on valve servers all the time

Alright. That was the only part I was hazy on. Everything else seems to make sense. 

Basically any server that's fun ever. Like Skial All of PB's TF2 Newbs Lazy Purples servers any really Highly populated servers.

I'm pretty sure there are some servers that are regularly populated and entertaining that don't use sourcebans. Try finding a few and stick with those.

What to do.

1. In progress

4. Done

I think you should take priority on the first one.

Archived