Selling steam points for tf items allowed?

Charlotte

Hello, I have quite a lot of steam points, the ones that you can buy animated profile/background that kinda of stuff, or giving awards. I was wondering if it is allowed to trade em up by the award sistem with someone interested, if thats so how many points do you think it would be fair for a key?

Thanks for reading

why wouldn't it be allowed?

you can trade for gems, items, games and robux; if you can find a way to monetize points go for it

the only thing I can think of that you can't trade is accounts, but like that doesn't exactly stop it from happening

Considering that the only way of giving points away is by giving awards(as far as I know), it's not optimal, and you would probably be better off spending the points on treating yourself.

When you give awards, they only get a 3rd of what the points you give them, fx: 3000 points, will be able to gift 1000 points to another account.

You get 100 steam points from buying 1 dollar worth of games/items on steam.

So if you think about it, you would have to pay more than 3 dollars per 100 points for it to be worth it for your customer, maybe 0.5$ per 100 would be fair, considering the customer could otherwise just buy games, and also get games or items. 

But you as a seller would still take a massive loss, due to steam's fee, and that the customer should have an incentive to buy from you.

Ie your 3 dollars worth of steam points, would be sold for 0.5$, making you lose 2.5$ dollars of steam points(following steam's pricing). But if you don't have any other use for the points, then I would see why you would do it. If you have 10000 steam points, it would still be 50$ if anyone would be willing to buy it

I have sold Steam points in the past. you won't earn much and most people are put off by the two week wait to receive said points. I sell points at a rate of 2 keys per 10,000 points. This generally sells well, but it is a lot of points. if you make a lot of steam transactions then it can be worth it. but its definitely not a reliable way to earn items/money

So yes, it is allowed, but you need to work out what your prices are and make sure you make it clear to the buyer that there is a 2 week wait. 

Edited by RoundHead
clarity

3 hours ago, RoundHead said:

f you make a lot of market transactions then it can be worth it. but its definitely not a reliable way to earn items/money

how does this work. you mean only steam community market transactions or in game store transactions? nvm its strictly anything but scm transactions and putting in funds

1 hour ago, G R O W U P said:

how does this work. you mean only steam community market transactions or in game store transactions? nvm its strictly anything but scm transactions and putting in funds

Most transactions within steam will award you with steam points. even if you buy an item and resell it, you'll still receive points. adding funds to your wallet does not award the points. 

Edited by RoundHead
correction

I bought Steam Points in the past for like 10,000 per keys which isn't a bad deal imo but you can try change the rate if you want quick keys like sell them cheaper or something...

You can figure this yourself I believe.