Scammer "DT Dino ⇄B>QS with Keys" more info in the thread below

causevd

His thread: 

His profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/D1DinoCSGO/

Looks like he was selling his inventory for crypto. 

I added him and then we proceeded with the discussion. You can see that we are not talking in English, looks like he is Serbian so me (coming from Macedonia) have similar language so we can easily understand each other. 

We agreed for me to buy 270 keys off him for $1.55 crypto. He requested USDC which I agreed.

In the first screenshot you can see the price and he provides me his USDC address.

He also confirmed that he is using Coinbase Pro. (see screenshot 2)

He provided me his USDC address: 0xA15Ccd4F9D5D06B15EF9962f6dbC28DEcc5Aedc6  where I have sent $418.5 USDC. 

He told me that after the USDC gets confirmed for me to send him an offer with the keys so that he can accept it and send me the keys. After I sent the crypto I sent him an offer. 

As soon as he received the funds (confirmations got cleared on Coinbase) he declined the offer of 270 keys (see picture 4) and removed me from friend (see picture 5). 

Please don't do any deals with him and avoid being scammed. 

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

withdrawtohisaddress.png

chat1.png

chat2.png

23 minutes ago, rndmchrs said:

instead of posting a forum thread you could just create a report https://backpack.tf/issues/create

Didn't knew how to report it in here so that's why I've created a thread and I believe this way is better as more people can see him.

Looks like he changed his steam profile to private :)

Anyway I've used the link you've provided and reported him there as well.

Guy whose backpack went from 0 to $9K last week, no rep. Obvious red flag there. You can only blame yourself if you went first on that one... (saw you didn't have any too, you should have asked for splitting the trade in several parts then)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ApothicЯ said:

Guy whose backpack went from 0 to $9K last week, no rep. Obvious red flag there. You can only blame yourself if you went first on that one... (saw you didn't have any too, you should have asked for splitting the trade in several parts then)

In fact that inventory value from $0 to $9k doesn't meant anything to me because I have friends who literally made a lot of money in crypto they wanted for fun to purchase some skins and their inventory went from $0 to $25k+ ... 

I know. There's no one to blame but me. It was completely my fault, I don't know what I was thinking, it was one of those morning days where you wake up and later when you rewind it back you are "wtf" did I just do. 

It's okay, not a big deal for me, not a big loss, just wanted to point out so that no one else get scammed. And also a lesson for me :)

Instead of spamming everywhere that the guy is a scammer you should submit a proper report so we can look into it and deal with it in the proper way. 

Guide: 

48 minutes ago, Edward said:

Instead of spamming everywhere that the guy is a scammer you should submit a proper report so we can look into it and deal with it in the proper way. 

Guide: 

Where is that "Spamming everywhere"? I only posted in his thread and created this thread. Then I reported him to the link above but the report got denied because it's not in English. Even though you can literally use Google Translate which can easily translate the whole deal but whatever ... If you want you can close this thread if you feel like it's "useless"

11 minutes ago, EAGLE EYE said:

Where is that "Spamming everywhere"? I only posted in his thread and created this thread. Then I reported him to the link above but the report got denied because it's not in English. Even though you can literally use Google Translate which can easily translate the whole deal but whatever ... If you want you can close this thread if you feel like it's "useless"

It's not a useless thread by any means but it's much more efficient just to report the user's trade thread and submit a BPTF Issue report. You can gather all the information from the public guide I've linked you, I was a bit confused since I didn't see any reports on BPTF for the user instead you reported the user on SteamRep but that works too. 

1 hour ago, Edward said:

It's not a useless thread by any means but it's much more efficient just to report the user's trade thread and submit a BPTF Issue report. You can gather all the information from the public guide I've linked you, I was a bit confused since I didn't see any reports on BPTF for the user instead you reported the user on SteamRep but that works too. 

I have reported it on both places (here on backpack.tf and on SteamRep) on both places the report was marked as "invalid" due to the rule that you guys have that the trade is not done in English. It is unfortunate but it is what it is. Anyway, all good 

8 hours ago, Edward said:

Guide: 

Backpack mods deal with stuff?!?!? I see that Kami report still open and no mods doing anything about it. 

What's the point of even having an Issue Tracker if the Mods will never follow-up? There are issues dating back over a year and still haven't been resolved at all. 

Anyway, since both your reports got marked as invalid on Steamrep and Backpack.tf, your best bet will be to send a report to Steam Support with the evidence you provided here. There is zero chance of getting any form of recuperation, but there is the slightest chance Steam Support may give the scammer a Trade Ban. 

Guide to report Scammers on Steam: https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/4D07-D139-587C-2080

Also Scam FAQ: https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/4D07-D139-587C-2080

6 hours ago, Alexander331 said:

What's the point of even having an Issue Tracker if the Mods will never follow-up? There are issues dating back over a year and still haven't been resolved at all. 

Anyway, since both your reports got marked as invalid on Steamrep and Backpack.tf, your best bet will be to send a report to Steam Support with the evidence you provided here. There is zero chance of getting any form of recuperation, but there is the slightest chance Steam Support may give the scammer a Trade Ban. 

Guide to report Scammers on Steam: https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/4D07-D139-587C-2080

Also Scam FAQ: https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/4D07-D139-587C-2080

Thanks for this but I already reported him like as soon as I got scammed. I doubt they'll do anything because its not in English .. 

11 hours ago, hollowka said:

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198078427026 made an another acc be careful always check item histories

Thanks for sharing this!

Just did some research its crazy how this dude has so many high level steam accounts. Its either he is buying them or he uses his tf2 keys to level up. 

Also funny thing is that he doesn't hide his personal info as he has his youtube / twitter / facebook shared. Looks like what he said to me matches with his personal accounts.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 1:09 AM, hollowka said:

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198078427026 made an another acc be careful always check item histories

Hello,
I've received two negative trust reviews against my name from two members in this thread and felt compelled to clarify, that I am NOT an alt account of the accused here (this is verifiable by looking at my twitter on my steam profile). I'm simply a trader who had purchased the items from the accused before they were SteamREP marked which brought this thread to my attention alongside the accrued negative trust reviews to my name. I have ceased all communication and business with the accused based on these findings and I have also taken measures to combat the wronly placed trust reviews. Nevertheless I would like to kindly request @hollowka and @RussellSproutz_YT to both remove the negative review out of their own volition. 
Thanks and have a nice day,
Doudy

43 minutes ago, RussellSproutz_YT said:

at least he got marked on steam rep: DT Dino ⇄B>QS with Keys's Profile - backpack.tf

Looks like almost all of his accounts got banned or flagged on similar sites but what we need is for the account to get trade banned. This way he wont be able to cash out anything.

5 minutes ago, Doudy said:

Hello,
I've received two negative trust reviews against my name from two members in this thread and felt compelled to clarify, that I am NOT an alt account of the accused here (this is verifiable by looking at my twitter on my steam profile). I'm simply a trader who had purchased the items from the accused before they were SteamREP marked which brought this thread to my attention alongside the accrued negative trust reviews to my name. I have ceased all communication and business with the accused based on these findings and I have also taken measures to combat the wronly placed trust reviews. Nevertheless I would like to kindly request @hollowka and @RussellSproutz_YT to both remove the negative review out of their own volition. 
Doudy

Would you mind posting information of your deals? Chat history, website trades of items so that we can all confirm that you are legit?

27 minutes ago, Doudy said:

Hello,
Doudy

show me proof, and I will remove it.

24 minutes ago, EAGLE EYE said:

Would you mind posting information of your deals? Chat history, website trades of items so that we can all confirm that you are legit?

2 minutes ago, hollowka said:

show me proof, and I will remove it.

If a staff members directly requests evidence from me I will gladly comply with their request(s). I implore you two to compare whatever their twitter was/is against mine (handle is @doudycs) where it is starkly evident that we are two different people. I speak Czech (as per my steam flag and twitter pin) and not Bosnian, this can also be seen on a facebook store that I used to run (nowadays inactive) under the same name as my twitter handle (https://www.facebook.com/doudycs shove the text into a translator). 

17 minutes ago, Doudy said:

If a staff members directly requests evidence from me I will gladly comply with their request(s). I implore you two to compare whatever their twitter was/is against mine (handle is @doudycs) where it is starkly evident that we are two different people. I speak Czech (as per my steam flag and twitter pin) and not Bosnian, this can also be seen on a facebook store that I used to run (nowadays inactive) under the same name as my twitter handle (https://www.facebook.com/doudycs shove the text into a translator). 

I mean I got nothing with this as I haven't given you a negative rep but this is people choice. If they deem that your a suspect and they ask you to show proof then why don't you share it publicly, instead you will gain more trust by people. History of chat logs + trade proofs + transactions proof of crypto. It shouldn't hurt right? 

I might be wrong in your case but I've seen people buying accounts with previous activity, similar to yours. Where they have facebook page, twitter etc ... There are many accounts that can be bought like this by scammers.

Anyway people asked for proof, so its up to you. Not sure what mods can do in here but good luck!

2 minutes ago, EAGLE EYE said:

I mean I got nothing with this as I haven't given you a negative rep but this is people choice. If they deem that your a suspect and they ask you to show proof then why don't you share it publicly, instead you will gain more trust by people. History of chat logs + trade proofs + transactions proof of crypto. It shouldn't hurt right? 

I might be wrong in your case but I've seen people buying accounts with previous activity, similar to yours. Where they have facebook page, twitter etc ... There are many accounts that can be bought like this by scammers.

Anyway people asked for proof, so its up to you. Not sure what mods can fo in here but good luck!

I dislike the fact that the culture here seems to be guilty until proven innocent and not the way around. There are telltale signs when a twitter (and similarly a steam/fb page) is clearly bought (weird followers, no posts then suddenly a flurry of posts just recently etc.). 
I maintain a csgo-rep thread (a popular way to record cash transactions in the CS:GO scene) here https://csgo-rep.com/profile/76561198078427026
For your consideration I've picked out a recent review here of a 2.3k transaction (convo in the attachment)
txid https://tronscan.org/#/transaction/50c56625634bb479d0f23ab618d5604abca7cdf1a0e5aed775ebd5e70996c908image.thumb.png.74c5bea012d79b06991f33a73d45ee02.png@hollowka @RussellSproutz_YT

Screenshot_20220903-023821_Steam.jpg

Screenshot_20220903-023816_Steam.jpg

Screenshot_20220903-023811_Steam.jpg

Screenshot_20220903-023737_Steam.jpg

Screenshot_20220903-023732_Steam.jpg

• Like 1