Professional killstreak eye flash

Fruit Salad

Every kill with a prof killstreak weapon causes the eyes to flash momentarily, but does eye flash happen even when you kill with a basic killstreak weapon in another slot (while you have a prof killstreak weapon equipped)?

eg you equip a prof killstreak rocket launcher and killed someone with a basic killstreak shotgun, do the eyes still flash?

Well if you kill with normal ks and you switch to prof ks really fast you will get your SHINY EYES. But you need prof or spec for a scheen for 3 seconds. 

9 hours ago, linusorcane said:

No they do not

Want to add more to this, I used my Engie loadout that has 2 Pro KS weapons (Strange Genuine Widowmaker and Strange CAPPER) and a Spec KS wrench (I have both Jag and Wrench but used the Jag). Every kill with a sentry would cause an eye flash if I had my Pro KS primary and secondary out, but none with my Spec KS Jag. If you had a shotgun as a Soldier and killed with a rocket, but immediately switched to the shotgun, you should get the eye flash. Just seems like the Pro KS needs to be out when you get a kill.

Basic killstreak kits will not give any eye flashing ever even if you have specialized or pro KS items equipped in other slots. (UNLESS you have a non-selectable spec or pro KS item, such as the Mantreads or a Demoman shield, and get a kill with a basic KS item.)

Specialized will flash your eyes to match the color of your sheen without needing to have a pro KS weapon equipped. The eye flash effect is exactly the same regardless of pro KS effect.