Backpack Value Curves

meiko

Hey folks, made an account just for this, hopefully it's the right subforum. I was wondering what was going on with the backpack value curves of some accounts recently. The previously recorded values of some accounts have shot up to amounts which were never held, and then drop back down to their normal values, looking like a massive drop in value.
At first I noticed this with my own backpack, and got curious because I hadn't made major changes in the span where this phenomena occurred. My max recorded backpack value went up to ~$3300, and then dropped back down to ~$2800, what my backpack has been worth for a while. When inspecting my backpack at its peak, the value is ~$2830, despite the curve marking it at ~$3300.

In short, the real "loss" was about $34, but the backpack curve makes it look like a sudden drop of ~$500, despite never having the max recorded backpack value stated.

This isn't a thing affecting solely me either, some other accounts have been facing the same thing.
Obviously because it's just a cosmetic thing (other than maybe suggestion voting?) and I didn't actually lose $500, I don't mind if it's a bug or unfixable or something, but it does certainly feel weird to look at.

Also I can't seem to find my backpack curve on the new UI, did they get rid of it there?

Thanks for any feedback!

well keys just took a drop of 10.5 ref each, so since u are holding a couple hundo keys you would definitely notice  a recent value drop as that just happened 6 days ago

14 minutes ago, Dr. Boob said:

well keys just took a drop of 10.5 ref each, so since u are holding a couple hundo keys you would definitely notice  a recent value drop as that just happened 6 days ago

That's what I would have thought too, but that aligns with the $44 real loss that I took, rather than the ~$500, and it doesn't explain the fact that my highest recorded backpack value spiked.

Such a strange phenomena.

Backpack uses ref for some reason to convert to USD, any change in ref price will fuck shit up, to be blunt. Key prices changing mean anything priced in keys will have a ref value change and thus also a USD change, but that doesn't effect everything like ref does.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Exhibit #69420 on why ref is a terrible idea for USD value. Peg it to a MP key sales or better yet a composite sales key price and call it a day

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1