Marketplace banned me for a chargeback issue cause by lag

Barqs_Souls

I have been using Marketplace for months, having bought plenty of my favorite items from them. Awhile ago, I was buying a couple things from them, which were a cosmetic and some material for a killstreak kit and while the trade requests were coming in, one of the items was taking a while and wouldn't show up in my inventory.

In my frustration, I tried to cancel the order cause i thought i wouldn't be getting my item. But i still did, and marketplace then tried to do some kind of support test or something (this was a few weeks ago) and promptly banned me from using messages or buying items.

If anyone would know a way I could talk to site staff to get this resolved or fixed, just let me know. This wasn't me being intentionally deceitful, just a mistake due to some lag from the site. I tried to make two support tickets to appeal this (since you can only make one at a time, and haven't gotten anywhere.

If it was a true chargeback, then you'll not have much luck, however it sounds odd. When you say you "tried to cancel the order" was that via marketplace itself or your bank? 

A support ticket will probably help if answered, but if you did do a chargeback the chances of being unbanned are slim.

35 minutes ago, RoundHead said:

If it was a true chargeback, then you'll not have much luck, however it sounds odd. When you say you "tried to cancel the order" was that via marketplace itself or your bank? 

A support ticket will probably help if answered, but if you did do a chargeback the chances of being unbanned are slim.

I cancelled the order through the site itself. nothing with the bank

1 hour ago, RoundHead said:

scratch the previous reply. It was filed through the bank. but it was actually on accident. tldr: i got scammed earlier this month and lost a lot of money through tf2 weapons. i bought them on one site and i must have mistaken an order on marketplace for that

im gonna tell my bank and see if thatll help things. 

also i didnt mention the whole scam thing cause i thought it was entirely unrelated, since the items i had to purchase for the scam were not from marketplace

definetly my fault, but i wasnt malicious or anything

10 hours ago, LSO said:

Even if you're legit, from a financial risk standpoint you're a major risk if reinstated.

I got mine removed after 7 years :D

17 hours ago, LSO said:

Even if you're legit, from a financial risk standpoint you're a major risk if reinstated.

what do you mean

6 hours ago, Barqs_Souls said:

what do you mean

It means you can just do the same scam but for a higher value item. Why would they risk that (provided the item went to you AND you charged back)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2022 at 3:18 AM, LSO said:

It means you can just do the same scam but for a higher value item. Why would they risk that (provided the item went to you AND you charged back)

Because it was for small items on one order. I made more orders in the time between the order and the claim, but only that one was disputed. There are more expensive orders on my account that i havent made claims for. If i could explain this to site mods or something, I feel like they would understand. If they want me to give them some money or something for it, thats fine