Summer update?

大 FPR

Hey I was just wondering about the summer update of '22. When can we expect it? In July? Or maybe only in August?

Thanks y'all

2019's summer update was released in July 25.
2020's summer update was released in August 21.
2021's summer update was released in June 22.

So, we can expect it anywhere from June/July/August, but June already passed and July is almost over, so maybe mid August?

2014 we had late summer pack/crate in September  

2015 we had powerhouse cases in july, gun mettle case in aug

2016 mayflower case was released in mid- may 

2017 rainy day case was released in mid- may 

2018 no summer case/crate but we had  blue moon case in end of march 

rest :

12 minutes ago, iron1024x1024 said:

2019's summer update was released in July 25.
2020's summer update was released in August 21.
2021's summer update was released in June 22.

Since I'm still getting 2021 winter crate drops long into June i think there would be an update in August

I'm hoping that my prayers have been heard and they will make another late summer case that's just as smackin as the 2014 one. 

Yes. Seasonal updates are inconsistent and land in different dates, especially the summer one. Usually halloween and xmas updates come inbetween the beginning and mid October/December because they are also related to contracts and/or specific maps, so they also need some sort of deadline. The summer update can arrive in June, July or August.

hopefully it doesn't happen at all.

Do you really want another set of 15 new ugly/forgettable unusual effects and new increasingly low effort cosmetics headlined by a new Towering Pillar of Hats clone as the elite grade of the case?

At this point I almost never see any effects/hats from the last 2 years in pubs, I can't tell you the last time I actually saw a single hat in casual mode with any of the effects from whichever set came with Iridescence. Not even the newbies want that crap anymore.

57 minutes ago, Slam said:

Do you really want another set of 15 new ugly/forgettable unusual effects and new increasingly low effort cosmetics headlined by a new Towering Pillar of Hats clone as the elite grade of the case?

No but the summer update is the last hope I have for good non-themed war paints to make it into the game.

That's something I've been thinking about. If there really is a contractor working on the game rn he might not be allowed to release the summer crate or any content update, only bug fixes and deal with the bot issue

1 hour ago, Slam said:

yes personally - when there is a new crate = more people buy and open cases - more non traders quickselling stuff on steam market. this year i wanted to try some stuff on scm so i've been waiting for the new cases to come out.

3 hours ago, Beaser said:

I want a summer 2022 crones dome and a tower pillar of summer hats

And what about the Summer Beanie? It's in just about every update now.

Praise our Beanie Overlords!

9 hours ago, Slam said:

hopefully it doesn't happen at all.

At this point I almost never see any effects/hats from the last 2 years in pubs, I can't tell you the last time I actually saw a single hat in casual mode with any of the effects from whichever set came with Iridescence. Not even the newbies want that crap anymore.

i would,because there will be somebody that will like the hats and effects,it would be nice of them to exist 

3 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I really hope they wont add shitty cosmetics of theres a summer update

Shitty cosmetics are a guarantee at this point - but a handful of good cosmetics is a totally reasonable dream

TBH all I want is to stop getting the winter 2021 case, it is impressively hard to beat as the king of awful cases

Considering there is many fixes currently being worked on for the game, I can imagine valve may want to hold back on adding anything new to the game until the third party that is working on said issues is close to being finished. 

It is highly unlikely they won't release an update, as it is borderline free money.

Imo, we should expect an update by mid august, but if that doesn't happen then we will most likely be waiting on the halloween update instead.