a potential issue with the "meet the stats" group on steam

i don't even know where to post this but here we go :

the moment you join the steam group , this russian l4d2 custom server appears as soon as you launch the game

i can post a screenshot or the name of the server if necessary so other people can confirm this

and,clearly,you can't really get rid of it because,well,you never followed them in the first place

the only solution is leaving the meet the stats group

it's a real issue and i found the cause / solution so i wanted to warn the people in charge

no need to be a smartass : ignore the thread if you don't care or even understand the problem

Is that a l4d pun?

Jokes apart, I'm in that group since months and I have never seen the server you mentioned.

i couldn't get rid of it so i started leaving all my steam groups , one by one

meet the stats seems to be the one used as a "trampoline" ; glad it didn't happen to you

i wasn't even aware this was a thing until a few days ago

edit :

I presume you're talking about leech servers.

They infect any Steam Community Group they can since they're not only on L4D2, so even groups from unrelated games may be affected. Chances are one or all of those 3 groups you're still in is affected.

Also keep in mind that games you follow can have the same effect as well, some of which you follow automatically when you install the game.

• fran changed the title to a potential issue with the "meet the stats" group on steam

explained in the post above you

I presume you're talking about leech servers.

They infect any Steam Community Group they can since they're not only on L4D2, so even groups from unrelated games may be affected. Chances are one or all of those 3 groups you're still in is affected.

Also keep in mind that games you follow can have the same effect as well, some of which you follow automatically when you install the game.

26 minutes ago, Dylyinyang said:

I've read the first post 3 times and I still don't get it.

appearently someone hijakced a community to run l4d2 russian server automatically for people with l4d2

What OP most likely means is that there's a feature for Left 4 Dead 2 that can offer you game servers based on the steam group you are in. And as for Meet the Stats, it most likely displays some russian server. Not sure if that's an issue, however.