Interesting read about crucifixion and the tolls of the human body

Pyrocide

I actually very much doubt this is the most painful way to die. I discuss these things with friends quite often (no you got issues). Being boiled alive very slowly (several days) whilst being starved and thirsted like Tantalus seems even worse, mostly due to the emotional part too

Pyrocide, I go on this website to look at tf2 stuff and discussions, and I see this thread. Interested, I read this article. Thanks for sharing this, most interesting things I have seen today!

Maybe not the absolutely the most painful thing but is certainly not enjoyable

There is this thing I forgot what it's called but it's a big bullshaped iron structure, that they put living people in and heat it up via flame from the bottom, and when the iron starts getting hot when the person screams it sounds like a bull.

There is this thing I forgot what it's called but it's a big bullshaped iron structure, that they put living people in and heat it up via flame from the bottom, and when the iron starts getting hot when the person screams it sounds like a bull.

Brazen bull

There was also another form of torture (I don't remember who used it) where they put a rat in a cage and strap the cage to your chest and remove the bottom, and the rat will eventually eat through you to get out.

Brazen bull

There was also another form of torture (I don't remember who used it) where they put a rat in a cage and strap the cage to your chest and remove the bottom, and the rat will eventually eat through you to get out.

They put a heatlamp over the cage to encourage the rats to scratch their way out. I heard about that too. I'm sure this would be much more painful that crucifixion.  Actually Im sure anything on this list

is a whole lot more painful. This is where I first seen the brazen bull 

Imo this fits more in Politics, Religion, and Science, but I guess it's fine where it is. Anyways, sheesh, these deaths sound painful.

They put a heatlamp over the cage to encourage the rats to scratch their way out. I heard about that too. I'm sure this would be much more painful that crucifixion.  Actually Im sure anything on this list

is a whole lot more painful. This is where I first seen the brazen bull 

I couldn't make it to #1. I stopped at #5. D:

I couldn't make it to #1. I stopped at #5. D:

Thanks Wooden House, I didn't want to sleep tonight anyway...

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

my ancient history teacher enjoyed telling us how impaling worked in ye olde days.  also he told us that the Roman's crucified on X crossed beams not crosses but eh ...

so impaling, back in the ancient days they'd stick you with your bum on a large blunt wood pole and tie you down with wet leather and leave you in the sun, as the leather dried well... it shrinks and... :u

edit:  well I watched it all, and got to say the 2nd to last shown I thought was well thought out :X

Oh i definitely knew that crucifixion wasnt the most painful to die. I'd toss that up to either burning alive or the rack.

I just thought it was interesting to see the detailed physical damage endured during a crucifixion.

Oh i definitely knew that crucifixion wasnt the most painful to die. I'd toss that up to either burning alive or the rack.

I just thought it was interesting to see the detailed physical damage endured during a crucifixion.

Burning alive goes way too fast, they die in like 10 minutes. Real tortures are both physical and emotional. Drive them crazy whilst you slowly kill them

up until that point one would think its pretty painful. Look at the brazen bull for instance. Those arent screams of joy that the flesh is being cooked to a crisp.

up until that point one would think its pretty painful. Look at the brazen bull for instance. Those arent screams of joy that the flesh is being cooked to a crisp.

Yeah, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's painful. For example, if I woke up in the middle of the night and my arm was literally gone, although I felt no pain, I would probably be screaming.

Yeah, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's painful. For example, if I woke up in the middle of the night and my arm was literally gone, although I felt no pain, I would probably be screaming.

true. Dunno, still seems pretty painful when i accidentally hit the sides or trays from an oven. lol

true. Dunno, still seems pretty painful when i accidentally hit the sides or trays from an oven. lol

Oh, I'm sure it hurt a lot at first. But after the pain receptors died, of course is still a lot of pain, but I think it's the fear of being stuck in (I assume) a dark metal bull, with no chance of escaping, while being burnt to death. 

Archived