Latest TF2 Update

SirMillbot

So, I am sure this is a loaded question - but has anyone seen any real world improvement on bots with this latest update????

They were gone for about 3 hours. Anyone familiar with Valve knows they'll do this sort of non-fix in response to bad press just to show they "tackled the problem."

• Like 2

Actually Yes. I saw about 6 does hotters trying to join a game and they all got vac banned instantly. So yeah it helped for sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Macioeus said:

Actually Yes. I saw about 6 does hotters trying to join a game and they all got vac banned instantly. So yeah it helped for sure.

That is from valve re-enabling disconnect reason. They were not banned. This update has not done anything.

• Like 3

Well, as majority of us know, they sorted out the voting thingy which we know has helped. Yes i've also seen doeshotter get vacbanned on mutliple occasions. However i was on swiftwater the other day.. and the chat started spamming with this " testing is vac banned" thing (Here to see) so from what i've seen yes valve is doing something about it. But its a very slow progression.

1 hour ago, Alex_ said:

That is from valve re-enabling disconnect reason. They were not banned. This update has not done anything.

Servers can send disconnect reasons to clients and servers can choose to enable the new ConVar net_disconnect_reason to use the disconnect reason the client sent them. By default this is turned off for valve servers so i'm not sure how that would work :s

image.png.95c74871a5dc0975fb4a81f4bd17423d.png

It's better and the problem is more manageable. The big wins are they cannot steal your name and both teams can vote kick simultaneously.

Source : actually playing the game.

people are expecting the impossible after that tweet now : it's only been a few weeks - something started to change and we also got some really nice bugfixes

hopefully more patches from that single individual are coming before the summer / halloween updates

if nothing else gets done after christmas then,yes,time to start protesting again

I have noticed a remarkable change since the updates.  Have not found myself stuck in a bot majority server yet and when one rarely shows up, it's kicked quite quickly.  Obviously the bot bastards will catch up, but casual has been pleasant.

yes it did,the first day there were almost absolutely no bots.i had 4-5 botless matches of hydro normally considered impossible

casual is also now more playable before 11 am

7 hours ago, Dr. Boob said:

I have noticed a remarkable change since the updates.  Have not found myself stuck in a bot majority server yet and when one rarely shows up, it's kicked quite quickly.  Obviously the bot bastards will catch up, but casual has been pleasant.

I've found myself in one or two, but that's a huge improvement from the 14-15 I usually would've gotten.

That and the fact that servers are like 90% DoesHotter-proof? Pretty good job from whoever the devs are. Valve should hire them full-time. 

• Haha 1

No because it doesn't include anything against bots except the votekick thing, why do you suddenly expect the bots to dissapear from an update that hasn't done anything against them?

7 hours ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

i noticed some bots leave on their own,not to get detected by vac maybe

What does that even mean? VAC checks as you join the server, not after. And the botless matches were because Valve updated offsets or something else that caused Cathook, the primary bot-hosting software, to crash.

On 6/28/2022 at 3:26 PM, Hedgehog said:

Well, as majority of us know, they sorted out the voting thingy which we know has helped. Yes i've also seen doeshotter get vacbanned on mutliple occasions. However i was on swiftwater the other day.. and the chat started spamming with this " testing is vac banned" thing (Here to see) so from what i've seen yes valve is doing something about it. But its a very slow progression.

Again - this is because Valve re-enabled disconnect reason. The real VAC message won't have the linebreak before the last parenthesis. It will all be on one line.

To make the bots go away we need to release an update for fat heavy.

the inclusion of bots was a protest from the beginning for the inaction of the developers

fwiw,i don't think the bots can be "defeated" by simply updating team fortress 2 : you can improve the voting system etc etc but that will never solve the problem , they will always find a workaround and come back

vac , trust factor and steam itself all need to do their part

Yes bots still exist, no i have not found myself in a server full of them where i have to find another server, compared to before update. I do play alot and was super unhappy prior to last updates.  I am happier due to less bots, but maybe I am easier to please for an old ass game that still has hats worth thousands of dollars. Jeez.