Lost a batsaber using gladiator.tf

sodium

I rented a premium bot for 10 keys and in the first hour I somehow managed to delete my batsaber. I apparently deleted the item on a specific item page that allows you to perform advanced actions, such as pricing single items, withdrawing single items and removing them.

The gladiator.tf staff told me there was nothing they could do. The staff was also unwilling to make steam support ticket for the item and kept pitting the liability on me. I have attached screenshots of my conversation with the staff.  https://imgur.com/a/P1v228m

It is really frustrating to lose $100 usd out of nowhere just because of the ui of a website for a service that I paid for.

Thanks for listening to my concerns, english is not my first langauge.

It's an unfortunate loss, but I'd have to agree; I'm also trying to determine why a user would want to forfeit or delete an item in their bot, rather than withdraw it...why is it even an option? I guess the confirmation is a safeguard for the action, but...why provide the function in the first place?

• Like 7

Sounds a whole lot like someone doesn't like taking responsibility for their own careless actions

If you're playing around and learning a new tool why tf you using a $100 item to do so?

Why are you not reading and understanding confirmation prompts?

Toss some craft hats in there and click every button they got as fast as you can, but when you act with such reckless disregard for your own items its hard to pin the blame on anyone but you

5 hours ago, Akira Ryuujin said:

It's an unfortunate loss, but I'd have to agree; I'm also trying to determine why a user would want to forfeit or delete an item in their bot, rather than withdraw it...why is it even an option? I guess the confirmation is a safeguard for the action, but...why provide the function in the first place?

Drops. Instead of offloading the cases and weapons that your bot accumulates over time, it may be easier to just delete them, rather than offload the scraps to a different account and then trade them away 

• Like 1

I feel like the screenshots say enough about what our stance on the matter was, however I'll just address this.

13 hours ago, Akira Ryuujin said:

Adding to what relic said, your bot will also accumulate non-tradeable items over time due to smissmass gifts.

It's a feature that needs to be present since we don't actually provide users with access to the steam account that the bot is running on.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, sodium said:

I rented a premium bot for 10 keys and in the first hour I somehow managed to delete my batsaber. I apparently deleted the item on a specific item page that allows you to perform advanced actions, such as pricing single items, withdrawing single items and removing them.

The gladiator.tf staff told me there was nothing they could do. The staff was also unwilling to make steam support ticket for the item and kept pitting the liability on me. I have attached screenshots of my conversation with the staff.  https://imgur.com/a/P1v228m

It is really frustrating to lose $100 usd out of nowhere just because of the ui of a website for a service that I paid for.

You reviewed us and gave us our one and only one-star review, here is the response I sent for that review.

Hi,

we were awaiting your negative review.

We at Gladiator.TF put up a confirmation window whenever you try to delete an item from your inventory, even after you read the confirmation window you still proceeded to proceed.

After this you opened a support ticket, from the start you requested to open a support ticket with Steam, however, Steam does not give back items when they were deleted.

You then remarked how our guide, which is a basic guide to help you start using your bot, did not state anything about this, you also said that "I dont get why would there be such a destructive feature available on your ui."
"why is the warning the only safeguard"
We then explained "Theres a confirmation on purpose"
"It says quite clearly that it will delete the item, its an option in case people wish to get rid of non tradeable items"

You then continued to argue with our Staff about how this is not sufficient whilst we explained that all of this was in-fact sufficient and then you proceeded made a snide remark about our service.

All said and done, we apologize for the late reply to your ticket as we are a mainly EU located team.

We hope to welcome you back to our service one day.

Kind regards,
Sam
Owner Gladiator.TF

It's kind of sad how you still made a forum post even after all this, did you really think this was Gladiators' fault?

100% customer satisfaction is one of our goals, its sad to see this not being achieved.

• Astonished 1

sorry to hear about your bat(bot?)saber but gotta admit that little comic is rather amusing

can you edit it so that the stick looks even more like a batsaber ?

28 minutes ago, fran said:

sorry to hear about your bat(bot?)saber but gotta admit that little comic is rather amusing

can you edit it so that the stick looks even more like a batsaber ?

do you want his profile picture edited as the face too

saber1.png

9 hours ago, Moder112 said:

I feel like the screenshots say enough about what our stance on the matter was, however I'll just address this.

Adding to what relic said, your bot will also accumulate non-tradeable items over time due to smissmass gifts.

It's a feature that needs to be present since we don't actually provide users with access to the steam account that the bot is running on.

I hadn't considered drops...however, with non-tradeable item drops being fairly obvious in an item query (and serving no purpose in a trading bot, other than taking up space), was there any consideration of auto-deleting them from the service side?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Seminal Inhalation said:

do you want his profile picture edited as the face too

at this point , might as well add that extra detail if it doesn't interfere with your artistic sense ?

i mean...yes,i do

6 minutes ago, fran said:

at this point , might as well add that extra detail if it doesn't interfere with your artistic sense ?

i mean...yes,i do

batsaber2.png

I still don't know how you managed to delete the Batsaber. The ''Delete item'' clearly states what it does and same goes for ''Stop trading this item'' ,you ignored the safeguard and hit ''yes'' without reading anything unknown.pngunknown.png

perhaps it would be best to remove this button from the website before someone accidentally deletes their spellbound virtual viewfinder

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TanookiWhite said:

perhaps it would be best to remove this button from the website before someone accidentally deletes their spellbound virtual viewfinder

people are stupid,wont be surprised if this happens they should add more safeguards

4 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

people are stupid,wont be surprised if this happens they should add more safeguards

We'll add a triple layer security, which first boldly asks "Are you sure?" then a second "Are you absolutely sure?" and then a third one which says "PLEASE BE SURE"

It's already clear enough as it is, but we'll discuss this internally and see what we can do.

On 6/21/2022 at 11:35 PM, sodium said:

smartest bot owner