New UI looks shit

Potato6931

yeah the new ui looks really bad and is hard to use. this is likely due to it being new and the kinks should be worked out. i still don't see the point in changing it though. the current ui looks fine and the new ui will just be confusing and break a lot of bots that use scraping to generate pricing data (which is against terms of service on backpack.tf but is still an important part of the economy lol). additionally, backpack.tf has a ton of other issues that need to be worked out first instead of making the site look prettier, which, in the opinion of most ive interacted with, they have failed to do.

3 minutes ago, Hedgehog said:

I don't think its shit, may have its downs, but i've found it actually very useful. 

that's because they added a bunch of new features with the new ui. they could have done that on the original ui just as easily and left us with a site that doesn't confuse most users who visit it

2 minutes ago, SeizedThoughts said:

that's because they added a bunch of new features with the new ui. they could have done that on the original ui just as easily and left us with a site that doesn't confuse most users who visit it

I get where you're coming from. However i've been using it a while now and its actually a hell of a lot better to use than the current ui. I'll admit it did confuse me at first but the more you use it the more you'll get used to it, same as you did for the current one. 

Idk, I think it's better. Classifieds work better, stats/ aggs is less fucky-wucky.

The only thing that's worse is tagging/ selling items from your backpack.

This is one of the few times I'll commend bptf.

• Like 2

There's no turning back sadly, the staff has decided to create a complete overhaul and to replace the old site. From my experience, I felt very janky during the first days of using the site (I used it during beta so many things were missing) but with time I learned to use the functions I need the most and I can say that the new site is excellent for a more detailed item research. If it helps, you can change the site aspect (window colours) in the preferences at the bottom of the side menu to make it look similar to the older version.

but tell me aint right doesnt it look bad 😭 I cant stand it bro whyyyy !?!?!? does the staff even have eyes are they blind or something

1 hour ago, Bob Baguette said:

when the shit talk doesn't provide anything actual feedback !!

1 hour ago, Bob Baguette said:

but tell me aint right doesnt it look bad 😭 I cant stand it bro whyyyy !?!?!? does the staff even have eyes are they blind or something

This is not constructive feedback. I think it looks great, these two opinions cancel each other out right?

• Like 2

Take in mind that the cause of their update of page is also optimalization. Site was having issues with random crashes and was down for few hours often. For me the new UI is also less convienent but I think it is just all about getting used to.