How do I sell this hat without getting scammed?

Wolfe453

Hi, I already made a post months ago asking about the price of my hat, I'm asking again because I'm not very good with TF2 economy and my cat had an emergency so I need to sell this hat. I'm not even sure what the price is or would be.

I'm sorry if this is viewed as a shit post but I'm desperate and this is one of the things I have that I can use to offset the price besides my PC which is next.

Screenshot_3.png

just... trade it??? like set a price and wait for someone to send a trade offer for it offering key/items.

just dont be an idiot or click on suspicious links. that simple tbh

Go on backpack and list the hat for a resonable price.

If your cat is really sick and you need money asap you can quicksell this hat for...80 keys..

(i won't recommend it tho unless you really need money fast.)

But if you have time i'd say list that hat to 200~250 keys and hope for the best. 

Oh and also don't click for obious scam links and don't accept friends that has low inv value/ set there inv to private

If you don't know if it's a scam. Tell the other guy to wait and ask someone that you trust for help

ask your friends or an experienced trader for help, dont be afraid to ask them even tho some are probably obvious

One option too is reaching out directly to some of the bigger traders out there. You've got a triple digit key hat, so there will be interest. They are more trying to buy things at quicksell prices, but if you get an offer too low, you can just politely decline and move on. Just make sure to do so with people that are openly offering to buy backpacks/unusuals, as they want the random adds, unlike those that are more collectors than traders.

• Like 2

Give the hat for free AKA gift it, that way you are not actually being scammed, you are giving it for free which is very different😋

• Confused 1
  • Astonished 1

Another good option to avoid scam is to sell on SCM, then buy some keys on SCM (or buying multi crates or the right special keys on the in-game store you'll convert to keys, you'll save ~10ref/key this way) you'll resell to trusted sellers for cash.

However I doubt your hat is worth 250-300 keys as said above, there is an unsold Strange Flies (lower-tier) at 100k in classies but IMO is more "themed" than Stormy Storm. 

Maybe 150-200k (still seems high though)

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

I doubt its really worth near 250-300 keys, non strange asking 200$ on marketplace which is funny, that being said given its a graded hat I doubt strange is gonna add nearly as much as people think.

Safe to assume its above that amount but around 150 keys being a more realistic amount or a bit less.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Wolfe453 locked this topic
  • Wolfe453 unlocked this topic
  • Wolfe453 locked this topic