Reporting a scammer

Dylyinyang

So I was hoping you guys could help me figure out what I'm not getting right.

I was approached by a guy that made me an offer for ALL my crates (which I didn't list anywhere for sale).

He offered me 1 key for all of them. So I decided to leave a negative trust review on his profile with proof.

What more proof do I need when I give a screenshot of him trying to snatch all my crates for a key hoping that I don't know their value ?
The conversation maybe ? I don't think I have access to it anymore since I deleted him from my friend's list. Basically it was "Hi, I sent an offer".

https://backpack.tf/u/76561198440055051 

The guy is probably going around scamming people out of their crates. His backpack is worth over 900 $ so he know what he's doing.

aaaa.JPG

More a shark than a scammer (Using his premium to look for inactive bp with #118 cases)

You shouldn't post the direct link to his BP to avoid witch hunt.

People can be banned for sharking if you prove they forced you to do the trade in a chat or whatever (you can find your histories of the last 15 days of chat in your steam settings)

You haven't got hooked, good for you. Unfortunately there's not much to do about it instead of leaving a -trust...

Edit : didn't see your -trust on his profile. If he got it removed, that's indeed not fair...

wellllll idk for me its the same as offering 1 key for an unusual. or unpriced hat on priced. i dont think thats a scam imo

1 hour ago, Keks said:

how is this a scam????

Well normally this would be a decent trade, but I notice at the bottom some 2017 War Paint Cases. Those can sell for over 4 keys a piece. Not exactly profitable from a single key

8 hours ago, Dylyinyang said:

So I was hoping you guys could help me figure out what I'm not getting right.

I was approached by a guy that made me an offer for ALL my crates (which I didn't list anywhere for sale).

He offered me 1 key for all of them. So I decided to leave a negative trust review on his profile with proof.

What more proof do I need when I give a screenshot of him trying to snatch all my crates for a key hoping that I don't know their value ?
The conversation maybe ? I don't think I have access to it anymore since I deleted him from my friend's list. Basically it was "Hi, I sent an offer".

https://backpack.tf/u/76561198440055051 

The guy is probably going around scamming people out of their crates. His backpack is worth over 900 $ so he know what he's doing.

aaaa.JPG

You can pull his conversation even if hes not on your friends list

1 hour ago, Biolizard said:

Well normally this would be a decent trade, but I notice at the bottom some 2017 War Paint Cases. Those can sell for over 4 keys a piece. Not exactly profitable from a single key

ok that makes a lot more sense

Oh well, I posted a -rep on his profil since it would be logical but it got indeed removed.

Thank you all anyway

Technically not a scam, but you can see it's more than just a 'bad offer'.

The tactic is pretty blatant here and it's nothing new either. Offer a key for seemingly all worthless crates/cases, but slot in a few expensive ones hoping the other person doesn't notice it amongst the junk. Or the non-worthless ones could just be more than half the offer, like with their trade here: https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198135624318#!/compare/1648598400/1652832000

Sadly a -trust is the best you can do. And if -trust with adequete evidence is being removed then I think the way they handle -trust should be revised a little. While no words are exchanged, there is a clear intention to deceive.

14 hours ago, Dylyinyang said:

If you have the steam chat app on your phone, then there's a good chance that the chat is still there.

You won't be able to message them if blocked, but you can still see the chat.

2 hours ago, Koakuma said:

Technically not a scam, but you can see it's more than just a 'bad offer'.

The tactic is pretty blatant here and it's nothing new either. Offer a key for seemingly all worthless crates/cases, but slot in a few expensive ones hoping the other person doesn't notice it amongst the junk. Or the non-worthless ones could just be more than half the offer, like with their trade here: https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198135624318#!/compare/1648598400/1652832000

Sadly a -trust is the best you can do. And if -trust with adequete evidence is being removed then I think the way they handle -trust should be revised a little. While no words are exchanged, there is a clear intention to deceive.

Yeap, I did a -rep and it got removed even though it is clear he's trying to scam.

1 hour ago, crazypro1170 said:

If you have the steam chat app on your phone, then there's a good chance that the chat is still there.

You won't be able to message them if blocked, but you can still see the chat.

I have the app, nothing is showing up. It wasn't anything special anyway.

• 3 weeks later...