New Interface Feedback, specifically with Profiles

Hi,

The new interface isn't too bad although I honestly feel BP.TF's current interface is just fine.
Having this bar on top has honestly always worked and it does feel a little weird to have it on the left now since many of us have had it this way for over a decade:
image.thumb.png.3218ebb9b07a15887df5fd8e9a5e4ada.png
It's a minor thing but it's likely something we can get used to, but I feel that honestly we should just put it back that way lol.

Besides that, I feel another really important difference that should be fixed is the difference in how profiles are displayed.
image.thumb.png.1dee347ce0eca038e5604a216fbb1df9.png

A lot of this information is readily available and pretty important to know if you want to trade with someone, especially stuff like SteamRep, Trade Status, etc. It also helped to have statistics in plain view like how much their BP is worth and all of that stuff.
The new interface does not seem to have this stuff readily or blatantly available upon immediately viewing a profile, and thus I'd really like to see it get added for the reasons above. Literally the exact same UI as the original just revamped would suffice just fine.
image.thumb.png.92bc1943162e8f62e37f11e3414a1956.png

That's all the feedback I have atm, I like and are open to getting a new UI even though I'd rather just stick with the old, although I really feel it should stick as closely to the old UI but make it more improved. Literally just an "Old UI Deluxe" instead of making it completely different.

• Like 3

• cube changed the title to New Interface Feedback, specifically with Profiles
  • Administrators

If someone does have a ban for any of those things now, it just tells you next to the trust indicator. Knowing someone isn't banned from something isn't useful information to have.

The new UI also warns for Marketplace bans, and there's no room for that in the old style interface without creating more clutter. If you are interested in how it looks if someone has a ban:

image.thumb.png.cbfea38a3e8a835b15698e270e5307de.png

So I don't think it really takes away from the functionality. You now get to see all the SR tags from the profile and the banning authority is visible without a tooltip.

(addendum: if there's a mix of things, like an economy ban, site ban, SR tag etc., the most serious thing gets priority in the user summary, so SR tags will always appear over anything else). 

bans are cool but in my experience so far if someone has a scammer steam rep ban or even backpack suspension/ban; ie just 1 sign about them being a scammer, it is enough of a red flag. where as the other things mentioned is a pretty vital cornerstone to my expreince on the platform. For me the profile display is probably the most important feature thats been changed next to creating new listings and trying to navigating new classifieds. I'm just hoping that there isnt a ponzi scheme where everyone is forced onto the new site and pulled the plug on the old one site. 

• Confused 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, G R O W U P said:

bans are cool but in my experience so far if someone has a scammer steam rep ban or even backpack suspension/ban; ie just 1 sign about them being a scammer, it is enough of a red flag. where as the other things mentioned is a pretty vital cornerstone to my expreince on the platform. For me the profile display is probably the most important feature thats been changed next to creating new listings and trying to navigating new classifieds. I'm just hoping that there isnt a ponzi scheme where everyone is forced onto the new site and pulled the plug on the old one site. 

You're going to have to elaborate more on what your problem is. I have mentioned many times I will turn off the old UI if no more feedback is given and this is what I mean. Can you explain why navigating classifieds is harder?

image.thumb.png.05c8b3bc438b3a8ceca7e4881e72d7ff.png

Sorry if i wasnt clear, im saying that i firsgt look at the if the person is banned on backpack, secondly (if they are not banned on bp) the trust rating and lastly steamrep.  I doesnt matter to me where else they are banned, be it skial, harpoon, FoG; i will be weary of this person reguardless. 

image.thumb.png.b6f059ba8b768583b9b701f7d1715482.png

As you can see here, all the listings have meshed together into 1 big box, at a quick glance i couldn't even tell where the trade offer button was or which is a "lighting" trade button which is imo better than writing "bot" +trade. I just think there should be some boarders to segregate each listing to a certain degree. 

image.thumb.png.2293134971378e769ca19399bed60676.png

I dont really look at backpack with usd value, i look at with refined value. i tried to change to in-game currency in display settings but nothing changed.

• Like 2

• Administrators
6 hours ago, G R O W U P said:

image.thumb.png.b6f059ba8b768583b9b701f7d1715482.png

As you can see here, all the listings have meshed together into 1 big box, at a quick glance i couldn't even tell where the trade offer button was or which is a "lighting" trade button which is imo better than writing "bot" +trade. I just think there should be some boarders to segregate each listing to a certain degree. 

image.thumb.png.2293134971378e769ca19399bed60676.png

I dont really look at backpack with usd value, i look at with refined value. i tried to change to in-game currency in display settings but nothing changed.

I think this is just a case of not being used to the new system. The trade button is exactly where it was previously?

'Bot' listings have changed slightly to reflect listings that were created by a bot rather than currently maintained by one. This is to allow filtering on these listings, and because we cannot make guarantees on how bots function.

Listings are separated on the main browser, I can change it for this page. Though this also looks the exact same (or, objectively worse) on the current interface, so I'm again, not sure why this is a problem. I added some extra padding anyway.

I can add refined value for the inventory view. Expect to see a change later today, thankyou.

Sorry if i wasnt clear, im saying that i firsgt look at the if the person is banned on backpack, secondly (if they are not banned on bp) the trust rating and lastly steamrep.  I doesnt matter to me where else they are banned, be it skial, harpoon, FoG; i will be weary of this person reguardless. 

Then I really don't know why this is still a hangup. You paid too much attention to the community status pane I posted rather than the top part of the screenshot. You get a very clear red flag in the user summary no matter which user page you are on, and you seem to agree it's all you need.

thanks for the reply. i guess the more i give feedback the more im projecting the current backpack ui. currently i'll be happy enough for the inventory value in ref. (can you add a comma to the ref value like you have for the usd value?)

image.thumb.png.b6e350016dfe527e3fbabf5d84a5888a.png

6 hours ago, fisk said:

I think this is just a case of not being used to the new system. The trade button is exactly where it was previously?

what i mean here that: i can clearly see which button is to send trade offer/ buy. vs in new is more or less meshed in the the background. 

image.thumb.png.e662b1dcaa2d1afb1122b52b4ca9596a.pngimage.thumb.png.6643cf48115b9a0bd503694d98ab43a5.png

thanks

• Like 2