Are spelled listing OK to list with higher price?

Whiteboard

So recently I've been banned for "queue cutting" after listing spelled buy orders. I am not appealing my ban here, but my ban leads me to a question.

Is now Spell order ok to have a higher price like paint/parts following the advent of next.backpack.tf?

In my case, with next.backpack.tf provided new function, everyone can set spell as an attribute of buy orders, and I also did that asap after I knew about it. Before Next, setting an item with spell attribute is not possible. The past is just like what the mod who rejected my appeal just now said "you are asked to click on the pencil to clarify a specific paint or other attribute, ***but if one does not exist***, then you must list it for the price you are willing to pay for a generic one and specify your higher price in the notes."

So according to mods who banned me/rejected my appeal and also some old posts regarding this topic, because before next.bp, spell was not usually selected as attribute, pure spells buy orders with a high listing price was not viable and against the rule(the orders would look the same as generic orders). 

Yet, as I said, next.bp.tf came and now Spell can be selected as items' attributes easily. And there comes my question.

This is what I mean "spelled listings with spell attribute selected" (btw I got banned for this exact order lol) : https://m.imgur.com/gkJxrX2

When you start going in the rabbit hole of bans from classifieds it makes your head spin. Some people get endless warnings, and some get a ban first offence. 

"If you are seeking an item with a specific paint or other attribute, you should edit the item accordingly when placing the buy listing by clicking the pencil ()."

"Cases not stated here are at the discretion of the moderators."

The bp rules previously had a spell exception, since you couldn't make them custom, but now you can and that line was removed. I don't know if the discresion is supposed to be "If you find a way to abuse the system, we can ban you" or "We are all powerful mods". So you appealed it earlier, since you had it MARKED as spell? And they did't nudge?

I mean, spelled listing in my post(like the screenshot) is indeed "an item with a specific paint or other attribute" which I also edited to show spelled requirements so that it shows spell:__ when hovering on the icon.

So I don't understand why spell listing can give me a ban while others like parts and paints or even also other users' spelled listings can be out there properly.

And well the this is my first time I really got involved this deep in issues of this site, I have been a normal user for all time. But the site does have a chaotic ruling and mods can even have different judgemnts. After my ban, I've sought advice from another mod in the bp discord server who said I was right and could appeal. Yet, I got rejected by another mod lol.

And regarding the appeal, I did appeal since I had it marked like the picture I showed at the end of the post but the mod rejected me, "you are asked to click on the pencil to clarify a specific paint or other attribute, but if one does not exist, then you must list it for the price you are willing to pay for a generic one and specify your higher price in the notes.". From what he said, he seemed to be saying I can't clarify spell as an attribute so I didn't select it. But as I said, I did it on next.bp. 

• Administrators

Hi, 

There was some miscommunication and force of habit that led to a ban in this situation. You have been unbanned.

We'll have to clearly clarify that yes, buy orders with spell attributes are completely fine now. It's something we've been discussing with the mod team today, this should be a lot more obvious when the new UI launches.

7 minutes ago, fisk said:

There was some miscommunication and force of habit that led to a ban in this situation. You have been unbanned.

skull emoji x7

• Like 8

Hey, I read your thread like 2 days ago, I was like damn we can buy spelled items through buy orders and bam! I’m banned aswell xD guess it was just a habit from the admin/mod, hopefully things go fast with my appeal :D

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Nahkakakkone said:

Hey, I read your thread like 2 days ago, I was like damn we can buy spelled items through buy orders and bam! I’m banned aswell xD guess it was just a habit from the admin/mod, hopefully things go fast with my appeal :D

It looks like you were banned because you did not actually set any spells. This a feature exclusive to the new UI.

I'll unban you because this was probably a mistake, and I'll have to further clarify: actually set spell attributes using the new UI which lets you select spells to put onto a buy order.