Banned, which means good bye

Christley </3 Peelz

Posted · Hidden by polar, March 6, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, March 6, 2014 - No reason given

I'm used to it, blame the rule enforcers not the rule breakers. I get a lot of love every day.

I've done my part. I won't discuss this case any further, my replies show why the ban was applied. He can appeal if he thinks he's innocent.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt people would show such reaction if Raxshi was the victim. This only shows how biased some people are.

This case, as any other after I reach a decision, is out of my hands. And as some here showed total inability to handle a discussion properly, throwing insults at me and twisting my words, I'll rather not visit this place anymore as the time I spent reading bad content here could had been spent doing reports on the site. I thank the mods for trying to keep it civil and I wish this had not been necessary.

Raxshi traded knowingly with multiple scammers. As you lied about not replying to this topic again before, I doubt what you say is true.

Raxshi traded knowingly with multiple scammers. As you lied about not replying to this topic again before, I doubt what you say is true.

Well as his boss said, people lie on the internet

And I'm at fault? OK, think whatever you want.

I doubt people would show such reaction if Raxshi was the victim. This only shows how biased some people are.

The reminder is here again: do you think checking people is unnecessary and a waste of time? Fine, don't do it. But don't complain if you get banned. Because the punishment will eventually come, and the higher the knowledge and rank you have, the higher people expect from you and your punishment will be. The rules are there to be followed, if you don't want to follow them then use another site.

I have 16 years of internet and over 10 of community building/management. I've seen it all. And there's a reason why other communities are interested in my work, including SR (who I declined for personal reasons) - Straightforward actions, experience, professionalism, impartial actions and good judgement. Ask anybody who works with me and they will say it.

This case, as any other after I reach a decision, is out of my hands. And as some here showed total inability to handle a discussion properly, throwing insults at me and twisting my words, I'll rather not visit this place anymore as the time I spent reading bad content here could had been spent doing reports on the site. I thank the mods for trying to keep it civil and I wish this had not been necessary.

You're only at "fault" for asking a loaded question and accusing him of lying for something that wasn't even a lie. Had you asked if theres a possibility that you have ever traded with a scammer (knowingly or unknowingly) and he said 'no', then that would be lying. But thats not what you asked. The way you phrased the question, you asked if he knowingly traded with a scammer--to which 'no' was the correct answer. 

As a general rule you should be checking for high value items, and i usually do, but getting permanently banned for trading with a scammer over a relatively small value trade once, is a bit excessive.

Theres a bit of a difference between continuously trading with scammers (Raxshi) and doing it once (Christley); and i'm pretty sure I'm not biased in the least considering I'm better friends with Jjon yet still sided 100% with OP and went against jon. 

If I knew for sure that there was no way i could have done it then I would say "no." If I couldn't remember what happened in the past day, then yes, that response would be the right one. (Christley knew he didn't check everyone he traded with, it's really the same thing)

While it would probably be the 'right' response, you would probably be shocked and just say "No?!!". I don't think if you put the question this way its lying if you say no. You know you wouldn't do that, so no is a logical response. The fact that you may have unknowingly probably only comes to mind after. Plus, the whole question was incredibly useless. Apparently they already knew he had bought something from a scammer. The only reason to ask the question I can think of is hoping they'll 'lie' to add to your evidence, which is quite immoral IMO. He could have worded the question differently, implying possibility, which would make clear what it's all about and give the person responding a chance to think about it and give an answer closer to the one you say is right.

our lawyers say "NO NO!"

i read the entire thread and still don't understand how OP was banned *for lying*

the lie is proven via very loose interpretation and under duress. it would never stand up in a real court of law.

The non agreement here in case is basically about the tough perma ban punishment for a known good colaborator, in this case this is totally unfair, hence the fact that he did it non intentionally, even if intentionally, it was his "first time", give him a second chance, I bet he learned the lesson

Posted · Hidden by polar, March 6, 2014 - Mind the language please
Hidden by polar, March 6, 2014 - Mind the language please

Uhm.

Really?

He got banned for ignorance.

Wow.

Don't give the bullcrap of 'he lied'.

He. Didn't. Fucking. Know.

And why the fuck does it matter if he's trading with a scammer, if the items being traded weren't scammed?

I mean, fine, if it's in your rules, you need to punish it.

But the punishment shouldn't be the most goddamn severe thing you can fuckign do.

This sistuation MAYBE warrants a tempban.

High value trade with a scammer - bad.

Lying - bad.

Contradicting himself - bad.

Skipping checks aware of rules - bad.

Uhm who the fuck cares, not like any of the items were actually scammed. I mean fine, you have to punish it somewhat, because its in your rules, but not with a tempban.

Wtf he wasn't lying he said himself he wasn't fuckign sure

Uhm, what?

I'm sorry but I have never been anywhere near SR. Where's my ban?

I mean, this whole situation is like a dude buying some food from a felon and getting the death sentence for not checking the police records before hand.

The main argument here is that the punishement is too severe. You're justifying it with a list of what he did wrong, but even if all of those were true then it'd be the equivalent of negligence, which people don't get sentenced to death for (death sentence=highest punishment inflictable by us gov. permaban=highest punishement tf2op can inflict. that's the connection)

EDIT: Sorry for the swearing and the shitty spelling, I'm really mad at this.

I'll never understand why people twist things to a completely different extreme to try and prove a point..  I don't know Christley at all, and even if I despised them, I would still see this as a loaded question and somewhat unfair ban.

Changing the user does not change the conversation or reason for the ban itself.

Couldn't help but notice BSOD isn't responding to any of the valid arguments. He's only posting the same tired arguments that no one is convinced by, perhaps with the exception of Amen.

Couldn't help but notice BSOD isn't responding to any of the valid arguments. He's only posting the same tired arguments that no one is convinced by, perhaps with the exception of Amen.

This is what i have gathered from all the OP admins that have posted thus far.

Helen will reject any case that the user decides to go outside of OP and vent about it.

Sneeza said that anything said in a public forum is not taken into account for rejecting an appeal

BSoD expects all traders to check every trade made; ever. If not, you're banned.

Regen thinks this is all drama.

I am also starting to think Amen is a BSoD alt.

conspiracy-keanu-blank2.jpg

BTW, who is Raxshi?

BTW, who is Raxshi?

Raxshi is the guy who was constantly buyg sharked (and hijacked?) unusuals. 

So, they're criminalizing honest traders just because they've traded with someone who has scammed someone else?

BSoD, I'm still waiting on your trade history.

I feel that's like asking the CIA who they are keeping tabs on.

"Never gonna give you up, never gonna...."

Christley, I do apologize for having to lock this thread, but it seems like our community has lost its head a bit and is unable to continue a productive discussion any more in this thread. I had hoped to avoid this with heavy moderating to allow people to give you a proper farewell, but comments about you in particular are now few and far between. If this really is the end of the road for you in the trading world, I wish you nothing but the best.

As for the rest of this discussion, I'm seeing pretty much nothing but personal attacks any more with essentially the same content being posted again and again. Nothing productive will come from making post after post about BSoD or outpost mods. This was a highly publicized thread with 5000 views and was your opportunity to really push new ideas about changing outpost rules. I really hoped people would have taken advantage of that, but it seems that the few posts about that are now buried deep in this long thread and almost impossible to find.

If you know anything about me, you know I rarely ban or hide threads in the forums, and I am one of the most forgiving mods on site bans. I believe the forums should be, as much as possible, left open for the community to discuss as they please. But when a thread becomes primarily a personal attack against one person or group of people and becomes such a charged discussion that even comments not meant to be strictly pejorative get interpreted in the most negative way, that is when we as moderators have to do our job.

Archived