Banned, which means good bye

Christley </3 Peelz

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted · Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, March 6, 2014 - not needed
Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, March 6, 2014 - not needed

>TF2OP wants to make trading community better

>Here, I'll perma ban a high contributing active community member! That'll do it!

Another guy banned for the same reason from the same Admin.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/269735

But.. Thats not relevant, these are different cases.

And also, you are not the vigilante hero outpost need, to clean up the unjust bans and call out the corrupt admins, they are perfectly capable of handling the appeal themselves, and I can say that his appeal is being processed  right now.

As for Christley, he didn't even bother appealing.

And also, you are not the vigilante hero outpost need, to clean up the unjust bans and call out the corrupt admins, they are perfectly capable of handling the appeal themselves, and I can say that his appeal is being processed  right now.

Because he's the hero Outpost deserves, but not the one it needs right now:rolleyes:

The fact that Christley needed an appeal in the first place, and OP desperately needs said "vigilante hero" are two problems that both need addressed.

Why is everyone saying "check to see if the person is a marked scammer on SOP".   You guys mean SteamRep, right? Because SOP (SourceOP) doesn't have information like that.  Also, you guys may not care that trading with scammers just encourages them to keep stealing from people, but this kind of attitude is why we still have a big problem with scammers. If no one bought from them, they would stop stealing because it would no longer be profitable for them.

I'm the Head of Appeals for Outpost and you would not believe the kind of stuff people admit to me in the "confessional booth" of the ban appeal. Also going on to a social media channel (here, Facepunch, Reddit) to pass out the torches & pitchforks against an admin who was just trying to protect the community is the quickest way to get me to reject your ban appeal. Innocent people don't need to go to social media channels and manipulate the masses in order to try to get themselves unbanned.  For the record, however, another admin was assigned his appeal.

Also, OP does NOT need any sort of vigilante hero. You guys realize that people lie on the internet, right? Because if you don't, let me give you your first lesson of Internet 101:

People

Lie 

On

The 

Internet

We go by evidence, not someone saying a sob story on a social media forum in order to invoke emotion and get a kangaroo court going.

The fact that Christley needed an appeal in the first place, and OP desperately needs said "vigilante hero" are two problems that both need addressed.

Here, i'll address the problems for you

1) An appeal is try to get unbanned, he is clearly thinking that the ban is not justified, and here would not be the place to get that fixed

2) We don't

Why is everyone saying "check to see if the person is a marked scammer on SOP".   You guys mean SteamRep, right? Because SOP (SourceOP) doesn't have information like that.  Also, you guys may not care that trading with scammers just encourages them to keep stealing from people, but this kind of attitude is why we still have a big problem with scammers. If no one bought from them, they would stop stealing because it would no longer be profitable for them.

I'm the Head of Appeals for Outpost and you would not believe the kind of stuff people admit to me in the "confessional booth" of the ban appeal. Also going on to a social media channel (here, Facepunch, Reddit) to pass out the torches & pitchforks against an admin who was just trying to protect the community is the quickest way to get me to reject your ban appeal. Innocent people don't need to go to social media channels and manipulate the masses in order to try to get themselves unbanned.  For the record, however, another admin was assigned his appeal.

"Innocent people don't need to go to social media channels and manipulate the masses in order to try to get themselves unbanned."

--> That logic made no sense. :o

If I was innocent and I got banned I would also direct myself to social media to show everyone how I got banned for no reason.

"Innocent people don't need to go to social media channels and manipulate the masses in order to try to get themselves unbanned."

--> That logic made no sense. :o

If I was innocent and I got banned I would also direct myself to social media to show everyone how I got banned for no reason.

But, was he completely innocent?

Was he banned for absolutely no reason?

You seem to enjoy twisting the situation

Here, i'll address the problems for you

1) An appeal is try to get unbanned, he is clearly thinking that the ban is not justified, and here would not be the place to get that fixed

2) We don't

He already said he would not be appealing it.

He came here to discuss it, as many before him have done.

Also, he never should have been banned in the first place. Lying is knowingly stating false information or even omitting truths. Simply not knowing, "no" or "I don't know" would be a sufficient answer.

I'm just pointing it out since I was researching on some unusuals, and was hoping to help on Christley's case. 

In my opinion, I just think that it's unfair pointing out the user lied or not. It's seriously insulting the user that he doesn't have any trust inside him, completely saying that he is a liar.

EDIT: Since Christley's not appealing, I'm not going to say anything much more. It is pointless for arguing more.

I'm kinda late but bye christley :c

I understand BSOD's actions but I think the ban was a little harsh. Perma-ban for one trade and lying? I don't see the lie here though, if I see it correctly he really didn't know he traded with a marked scammer. If someone asked me the same question I wouldn't be able to answer the 'truth'. And people, stop saying 'why must I check every person I trade with's sr?', it has already been clarified that it is only for the big value trades perhaps at least around a bud.

But, was he completely innocent?

Was he banned for absolutely no reason?

You seem to enjoy twisting the situation

Helen was talking in general. Like innocent people wouldn't go to social media. That isn't right. Innocent people would also go to social medica. Therefore that statement wasn't right.

She specifically even says the quickest way to reject a ban appeal is to take it to the social media. That doesn't seem very objective to me I'm afraid.

Christley feels that injustice has been done to him by being perma-banned and therefore he took it to social media. He has every right to do so (guilty or innocent, doesn't matter). And changing your point of view because he took it to the social media doesn't seem very objective and right in my eyes.

She specifically even says the quickest way to reject a ban appeal is to take it to the social media. That doesn't seem very objective to me I'm afraid.

Christley feels that injustice has been done to him by being perma-banned and therefore he took it to social media. He has every right to do so (guilty or innocent, doesn't matter). And changing your point of view because he took it to the social media doesn't seem very objective and right in my eyes.

I find it funny no one else pointed that out.

Innocent people don't need to go to social media channels and manipulate the masses in order to try to get themselves unbanned.  

Except for lamebro who was banned for a while and was only unbanned when that garry incident happened which brought the attention of many to his case. 

It did only take a few months and one witch hunt for him to get unbanned, I doubt anything would have happened if there wasnt.

Also if there was the intention of "manipulating the masses" reddit would have been the obvious choice, this is a forum many come here daily to discuss these things. Christly can discuss on a forum if he chooses so, your statement about rejecting appeals because of this isnt very professional it doesnt add or change anything which constituted to his original ban and i dont see how you can reject appeals based on this. 

then its good i wasnt trading with a scammer that stole, wasnt it?

Innocent people don't need to go to social media channels and manipulate the masses in order to try to get themselves unbanned.  For the record, however, another admin was assigned his appeal.

Whenever something happens to me that I find very unjust, I want to vent my anger over this with my friends. Many people, including me, see these forums as a group of ~30 regulars that cirklejerk here with the occassional stranger. I would vent my anger/disappointment here aswell, partially due to the very loose attitude of the moderators. He was not attempting to rally the members for some sort of angry mob, he was just explaining what happened. Hell, he even said "I won't fight this ban". Oh and you're using a fallacy

Many people, including me, see these forums as a group of ~30 regulars that cirklejerk here.

I'm honored that you consider us to be this close  :wub:  :lol:

Edit: On topic though, These statements are a bit conflicting. Could we get some clarification? Since the gang's all here.

Nothing said here will influence the outcome because instead of posting this thread he probably should have filed the appeal.

Also going on to a social media channel (here, Facepunch, Reddit) to pass out the torches & pitchforks against an admin who was just trying to protect the community is the quickest way to get me to reject your ban appeal.

Edit: On topic though, These statements are a bit conflicting. Could we get some clarification? Since the gang's all here.

This is quite general knowledge. When a judge/teacher/mod likes you better your faults are more likely to be overseen. This thread can't be a direct reason for a reject of an appeal, however it might make mods dislike you and thus your appeal less likely to be accepted

Quite a lot of people will be doing that if outpost and its moderators continue with this kind of behavior.

And also, why did you lie about not discussing this topic anymore?

I think that deserves a perma ban.

Ahahaha I can't like this post enough.

It’s when high value items (buds, unusuals, large quantities of keys) get exchanged that we have to step in. If you’re trading with scammers, then you’re essentially helping them profit from their disgusting business.

Except anyone with a greater IQ than that of a shovel can tell if a user is "faking c/o's". If someone offers 5 buds on a Smoking Prancer's Pride, it's an obvious fake. Even if was reasonable you can either ask for proof, or attempt buy it for a reasonable price because you either a) want it or b ) want to resell it and if the fake offer is above market price, then I highly doubt resellers would be interested.  

And judging by this, the guy is clearly stupid and anyone who fell for his scam is just plain retarded. As SR no longer take phishing reports, I can assume that very soon it will no longer take fake c/o reports because anyone who falls for them is stupid/new. Sure, Zam Network Corp Outpost has rules to enforce, but please stop being so inconsistent, I'm pretty sure SR policy for trading with scammers (first time) if they were not aware of the user being a scammer was either a verbal warning or caution.

Except anyone with a greater IQ than that of a shovel can tell if a user is "faking c/o's". If someone offers 5 buds on a Smoking Prancer's Pride, it's an obvious fake.

This does not apply to new hats/effects though, where one of those is can be pretty unknown, so then its not longer an obvious fake.

This hat was stolen and you bought it, you're basically as bad as he is in this case. If everyone stops buying hats from scammers then they'll stop scamming, you buying a unusual from someone who's marked fully justifies your ban. end of story

And Blue Screen Of Death went and banned me from Outpost because of my stupid mistake and trade ban a year ago and Im still waiting for the day I can get back on outpost again since he closed my appeal. Probably never...

*Sad Violin Plays*   :(

Archived