Banned, which means good bye

Christley </3 Peelz

"I didn't know the speed limit wasn't 150mph" 

The difference between what he said and what you're applying is common sense.  It's logical to make quick, easy trades with people when it isn't extremely valuable or important.  It's illogical to drive at extremely high speeds where you can hurt others.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference between what he said and what you're applying is common sense.  It's logical to make quick, easy trades with people when it isn't extremely valuable or important.  It's illogical to drive at extremely high speeds where you can hurt others.

Well, then my car shouldn't be able to reach 150mph; but it can, therefore its okay. 

He said that he does “30+ trades per day†and then claims that he wouldn’t have time to check all of their reps. We don’t expect people to check every single small item trade that they make, nobody cares about those. It’s when high value items (buds, unusuals, large quantities of keys) get exchanged that we have to step in. If you’re trading with scammers, then you’re essentially helping them profit from their disgusting business.

We have rules and we enforce them, stop hating on BSoD.

I can't blame BSoD for following the rules and I understand Christley very well. There are not much people looking up people on SR for every (high-valued) trade...

You could, maybe, change the rules to getting a temp ban for like a week or a month or so for the first time you trade high valued items with a scammer.

Second time is a perma ban. Then those "warned" people will certainly look up on SR, before they deal with expensive things.

The atomic bomb just dropped on this forum, and it is marvelous: 100 posts in less than 2 hours, and it's still getting bigger. Sadly, I have almost nothing original to say. I guess I'll just post to send my goodbyes to Christley.

Bye... I guess. I never really knew you that much compared most of the others. Also, shame on Brad for not responding to your mod application.

I'm not going to argue site policies, I just wanted to step in because this thread has already turned into 5 pages of debate.

He can appeal his ban directly on Outpost in 10 seconds if he wishes to do so, and as Helen will most likely be the one handling the appeal she will be able to draw her own conclusions of whether or not the ban is of an adequate length or not. Nothing said here will influence the outcome because instead of posting this thread he probably should have filed the appeal.

Well, then my car shouldn't be able to reach 150mph; but it can, therefore its okay. 

That quite literally makes no sense.  Just because there's an option to do something, doesn't mean it's okay to do it.  Either way, it's getting irrelevant to the base discussion now.

I can't blame BSoD for following the rules and I understand Christley very well. There are not much people looking up people on SR for every (high-valued) trade...

You could, maybe, change the rules to getting a temp ban for like a week or a month or so for the first time you trade high valued items with a scammer.

Second time is a perma ban. Then those "warned" people will certainly look up on SR, before they deal with expensive things.

This only gives people a free card to do a " first time trade" with scammers. We can't allow this.

Let me be 100% clear. Insulting others is absolutely unacceptable in the forums. Personal attacks against BSoD will not be tolerated. BSoD is enforcing established rules. I welcome you to discuss the rules here in the forums, and I'm sure there is an appropriate place to do so in the outpost forums. But calling out BSoD personally is not appropriate and counter-productive. Such posts will be hidden and may result in a ban.

I think you should close this topic. No more will come of it but bickering.

I believe it was unjust, but the thread is turning into a huge argument.

Best of luck in appealing. (If not bazaar will welcome you with open arms)

7kkJf.png

I don't know why, but I found this picture extremely hilarious. 

Anyway, this topic is getting really heated up, I don't have much else to say other than that. :S

Christley, I think the best way to handle this is just appeal now, just like how BSoD and Sneeza said. Don't lose every light of hope yet, there is still that small chance.

Maybe not for an immediate amnesty, but perhaps less ban time. 

Let me 100% clear. Insulting others is absolutely unacceptable in the forums. Personal attacks against BSoD will not be tolerated. BSoD is enforcing established rules. I welcome you to discuss the rules here in the forums, and I'm sure there is an appropriate place to do so in the outpost forums. But calling out BSoD personally is not appropriate and counter-productive. Such posts will be hidden and may result in a ban.

Thank you.

I believe I've always tried my best to provide meaningful content and reply to common questions in a polite and civilized way. I understand people may not agree with me or the site's rules, but I can't understand any public display of hatred or direct insults to my character and/or intelligence.

When it comes to Outpost policies/rules, I believe Sneeza said it all.

If christley was lying as bsod is saying, then a perm ban is justified, if it was not lying then a temp ban would be ok. The appeal function is there so that another admin can voice his opinion and if helen thinks it was not lying the perm ban will be shortened.

Making a drama out of it because he is butthurt is not the best possible decision I would say, but I can understand him to some point.

And again I'm disappointed by some of you, is it so hard to keep it civil or understand the point of someone?~

This thread really made me realize how kind and reasonable the TF2 trading community is. Especially to the authority figures in the community, i can hardly believe how respectful people are towards them and their decisions. I agree with Christley, a lifetime ban for this is a bit excessive, but making this thread and putting the chat in there is just asking for a flame war, i don't see why he couldn't just silently appeal, i'm sure it would be accepted. 

If christley was lying as bsod is saying, then a perm ban is justified, if it was not lying then a temp ban would be ok. The appeal function is there so that another admin can voice his opinion and if helen thinks it was not lying the perm ban will be shortened.

Making a drama out of it because he is butthurt is not the best possible decision I would say, but I can understand him to some point.

And again I'm disappointed by some of you, is it so hard to keep it civil or understand the point of someone?~

I really don't feel like the term butthurt should be used in a post about being civil or understanding.

Many people (teens/some adults) lack the mental capability to view something from another point. They go straight to insults. I've seen tons of these ppl making price suggestions, etc on this site. Really annoying to try and talk to, I don't really even bother anymore. 

I don't even bother trading, or TF2 for that matter. I've had enough of squeakers on trade servers, unboxed my first unusual, got crate 30 stranges before they were worth more than 20 keys each... I have naught the reason to go back, save for nostalgia and perhaps a round or two just for a giggle or two.

On topic, truly sorry for what happened to Christley.

that doesnt connect with what this is about

Basing it off of logic and what he responded to, it does. Pretty funny actually.

I really don't feel like the term butthurt should be used in a post about being civil or understanding.

Well I didn't want to use butthurt as an insult, more like because I lack of a better word. :S

Edit: Should have used upset instead of butthurt, sorry.

Ya it's pretty hard to decide if it was a lie. Weird that he said "no" when BSOD asked him if he trades with marked scammers when he knew that he doesn't check everyone he trades with. No one can actually know for sure if he blatantly lied except the guy himself. If I had to guess, he didn't want to say "YES I trade with scammers" cause no1 would say that but he knew there was that possibility that he did since he knows he doesn't check everyone. So I guess technically it was a lie..... but maybe not with the worst intent.

Ya it's pretty hard to decide if it was a lie. Weird that he said "no" when BSOD asked him if he trades with marked scammers when he knew that he doesn't check everyone he trades with. No one can actually know for sure if he blatantly lied except the guy himself. If I had to guess, he didn't want to say "YES I trade with scammers" cause no1 would say that but he knew there was that possibility that he did since he knows he doesn't check everyone. So I guess technically it was a lie..... but maybe not with the worst intent.

Well the perfect answer would be: I didn't check every trade so I actually don't know if I traded with scammers recently. But if he meant that with no or not is tricky.~ I would say he was not lying.

The thing I found interesting about that chat was that the admin constantly went back to "but you lied."  I would think at least 90% of people would not hesitate to say "no" when asked if they trade with scammers regardless of whether they check all the time or not.  I find that to be an incredibly loaded question to ask someone the second you add them.  What are their options?  Say yes and be banned for sure, say no and be charged with lying to admins?  The only decent question would be I don't know, and that is not going to be the typical response.  I suspect things would not have escalated so much if the first question asked was "Do you use steamrep to check people out before you trade with them."  Its pretty clear why steam community market is so popular.

Archived