Banned, which means good bye

Christley </3 Peelz

So basically we're supposed to check Steam Rep on every single trade we make, and since they take several months to mark someone as a scammer, we can continuously trade with those users until the red mark hits their profile?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted · Hidden by polar, March 6, 2014 - More personal attacks
Hidden by polar, March 6, 2014 - More personal attacks

It's really very simple.

If you think profit is more important that reputation and moral, go for it. Don't lose 1 minute. That makes you no different than phishers, they are also in for the profit.

It seems Woifi removed my response to this because of "inappropriate language." So...

tl;dr: BSOD is stupid for having this opinion, and everything he says from here on out is discredited because of it.

Good Bye, Christley. :c

The ban is quite unfair though, I agree. Trading with a Scammer once does not get a perma-ban. 

Oh and, BSOD, forgiveness pleeassee ;)

I don't accept random friends requests. I don't trade with marked users. I don't add anybody without them posting on my trades or on my profile. I check every single item I will receive. The only exceptions are people I investigate.

Yes, I do my homework very well. I should be the example. And everyone should be an example of trust.

Ask anybody on SR if you have doubts.

To be honest, it seems to be very, VERY unnecessary to do that for every single trade, unless you're constantly dealing with high tier unusuals.  Scrapbankers should suddenly start checking for steamrep marks?  Craft Hat bankers need to do the same?  What about those who trade different game currencies?  The rule about trading with scammers is way too vague to be taken seriously.  At least limit it to unusual trading only.

Who would check EVERYONE'S sop? I can understand he's doing his job, but you "lying" to him wouldn't of happened if he hadn't added you. Seems a little like a rigged question. He already knows the answer. Guess he wanted to know if you would tell the truth. I'm glad I don't use outpost.

Who would check EVERYONE'S sop? I can understand he's doing his job, but you "lying" to him wouldn't of happened if he hadn't added you. Seems a little like a rigged question. He already knows the answer. Guess he wanted to know if you would tell the truth.

Exactly, such a stupid thing to do for an outpost admin, probably didn't want to sound dumb and needed something to justify the ban

typical outpost 

If I were in his shoes I'd silently appeal instead of trying to gather support and provide a means for people to demonstrate their hatred towards me and the site. This only hurts 1) the site's image for supporting hateful content, 2) his appeal for creating public drama.

Also, I have no interest in discussing in case, I'm merely using it as an example as its a lot easier and less annoying to type out an argument referring to an actual incident than trying to make one up. And my point was, if SR doesn't mark someone for trading with a scammer once, then why should OP ban someone for trading with a scammer once. 

1) It doesn't hurt the site, people are brining up reasons why the ban doesn't make any sense. You can't reasonably expect someone to check SR on every single trade they do--Go on a server and try to sell weapons for a scrap; if you have to check every single person you deal with you'll never actually make a trade. 

2) He was saying goodbye to this cancerous community known as TF2, it has nothing to do with him trying to 'create drama'. 

P.s. in reference to #1, you're right, bp.tf should sensor what people say, think, and do; good plan. 

Posted · Hidden by polar, March 6, 2014 - Personal attacks
Hidden by polar, March 6, 2014 - Personal attacks

P.s. in reference to #1, you're right, bp.tf should sensor what people say, think, and do; good plan. 

BSOD 4 Prez

Removal of freedom of speech is the only option!

Also, I have no interest in discussing in case, I'm merely using it as an example as its a lot easier and less annoying to type out an argument referring to an actual incident than trying to make one up. 

1) It doesn't hurt the site, people are brining up reasons why the ban doesn't make any sense. You can't reasonably expect someone to check SR on every single trade they do--Go on a server and try to sell weapons for a scrap; if you have to check every single person you deal with you'll never actually make a trade. 

2) He was saying goodbye to this cancerous community known as TF2, it has nothing to do with him trying to 'create drama'. 

1) I've counted at least 3 posts with direct insults to me.

2) Posting the chat log is asking for drama - people will dump their opinions, draw conclusions, and attack whoever they think is wrong. Why not say something simple and a good bye?

honestly, BSOD was just doing his job, I feel that the ban was fair unless one of the following happens

1) Chirstly waits a while and appeals 

2) Rule #8 gets changed

yes, ill miss you deeply, chirstly, good luck with your life :)

Also, I have no interest in discussing in case, I'm merely using it as an example as its a lot easier and less annoying to type out an argument referring to an actual incident than trying to make one up. And my point was, if SR doesn't mark someone for trading with a scammer once, then why should OP ban someone for trading with a scammer once. 

To be fair he probably did it to get a response from everyone, so technically it was kinda for drama. Had he not mentioned he got banned and just said I'm quitting , that would probably be considered "not drama."

Do what normal people do, report the post and request it be removed instead of saying that the entire thread is going to make backpack.tf look bad.

To be fair he probably did it to get a response from everyone, so technically it was kinda for drama. Had he not mentioned he got banned and just said I'm quitting , that would probably be considered "not drama."

General Discussion

Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to the other forums.

I don't see the problem here?

honestly, BSOD was just doing his job, I feel that the ban was fair unless one of the following happens

1) Chirstly waits a while and appeals 

2) Rule #8 gets changed

yes, ill miss you deeply, chirstly, good luck with your life :)

I think I'm on the same boat as you lol.

Posted · Hidden by polar, March 6, 2014 - Personal attacks
Hidden by polar, March 6, 2014 - Personal attacks

JN4gDGQ.png?1

He said that he does “30+ trades per day†and then claims that he wouldn’t have time to check all of their reps. We don’t expect people to check every single small item trade that they make, nobody cares about those. It’s when high value items (buds, unusuals, large quantities of keys) get exchanged that we have to step in. If you’re trading with scammers, then you’re essentially helping them profit from their disgusting business.

We have rules and we enforce them, stop hating on BSoD.

Do what normal people do, report the post and request it be removed instead of saying that the entire thread is going to make backpack.tf look bad.

General Discussion

Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to the other forums.

I don't see the problem here?

My response was to " 2) He was saying goodbye to this cancerous community known as TF2, it has nothing to do with him trying to 'create drama'. "

2) Posting the chat log is asking for drama - people will dump their opinions, draw conclusions, and attack whoever is wrong. Why not say something simple and a good bye?

1) And some of those people have already received warnings, and the rest, more then likely, haven't been seen by a mod. 

2) Posting the chat log will reduce speculation and actually provide people with all of the facts. If he didn't post a chat log (or anything for that matter), but he left/just said good bye, people would just speculate about his ban. Now at least they have all the facts. 

He said that he does “30+ trades per day†and then claims that he wouldn’t have time to check all of their reps. We don’t expect people to check every single small item trade that they make, nobody cares about those. It’s when high value items (buds, unusuals, large quantities of keys) get exchanged that we have to step in. If you’re trading with scammers, then you’re essentially helping them profit from their disgusting business.

No ones arguing against that rule. Its perfectly understandable, expected, and fair. But permanently banning someone for one, relatively small, trade is a bit excessive. 

I don't feel it's my place to weigh in on the current topic of this thread; but Christley, I always thought you were a good guy and your suggestions will be missed. You've done a lot for this site and by proxy the community. Hate to see ya go, hope you come back.

You're actually more lenient than I would be. I'd want to get rid of them once and for all and say any trades with scammers aren't allowed. Good thing I'm not an admin anywhere as I'd probably be hated even more than the current admins. But yes I agree with pretty much everything.

It’s when high value items (buds, unusuals, large quantities of keys) get exchanged that we have to step in. If you’re trading with scammers, then you’re essentially helping them profit from their disgusting business.

Then change what your rules say.  If you don't agree with them, then why is it even stated as such.

1. No trading with scammer alts. We do not encourage our users trading with scammers, and you should be careful to not trade with obvious alternate accounts of scammers. Please check the user's Steam profile and SteamRep status before trading with them.

"Obvious alternate accounts of scammers"  It sure isn't crystal clear when someone makes a fair offer on your items and you trade.  If you're only going to apply it to high tier items, then specify that.

well thats a retarted reason for getting banned, you didnt know he was a scammer. 

"I didn't know the speed limit wasn't 150mph" 

If you’re trading with scammers, then you’re essentially helping them profit from their disgusting business.

A guy makes a trade on TF2OP, fakes current offers, and gets banned.  Okay, understandable.  

They now have a mark on SOP that labels them a Scammer because of that ban.  A bit questionable but whatever.

Another user getting perma-banned for trading with a user who fakes offers on their own trade.  What?

Since when was faking a current offer on outpost considered scamming in SteamRep's eyes anyway? I highly doubt anyone with fake c/o's actually sell anything anyway.

Archived