Banned, which means good bye

Christley </3 Peelz

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I somewhat agree with Blue's actions as this is the only way to make sure people actually research who they're trading with. Having to check 20 people and being lazy to do that really isn't a good excuse. The rules are in place to make sure scammers stay punished. Unfortunately there will be so called casualties from this, but in the long run it will help the community. 

If you compare this to sports such as hockey, if a dirty hockey player gets banned 1 game for a dirty hit, it won't change the way he plays. Ban him for 30 games, and it's a different story. I'm guessing the admin deal with ppl trading with marked scammers all the time. Maybe they're getting sick of ppl doing it.

Sorry dude it sucks that you got banned.

It's absolutely ridiculous for outpost to expect people to check every person they trade with on SOP. I've probably traded with a marked scammer before. I deserve a permanent ban, I suppose.

That really isn't ridiculous at all. It takes under 20 seconds to check. Why encourage scammers to trade?

I somewhat agree with Blue's actions as this is the only way to make sure people actually research who they're trading with. Having to check 20 people and being lazy to do that really isn't a good excuse. The rules are in place to make sure scammers stay punished. Unfortunately there will be so called casualties from this, but in the long run it will help the community. 

If you compare this to sports such as hockey, if a dirty hockey player gets banned 1 game for a dirty hit, it won't change the way he plays. Ban him for 30 games, and it's a different story. I'm guessing the admin deal with ppl trading with marked scammers all the time. Maybe they're getting sick of ppl doing it.

checking every single one of the 30 trades generally i make per day would take me 2½ hours totally. its not just checking sr. its checking current reports against them which havent passed. check other websites which arent affiliated with sr, checking steam, waiting for a slow loading sr. 5 minute per trader will not only cause me to lose the trade. it will also cost me half of my free time i have each day

Sorry to hear about your ban.

However, who the heck checks Steamrep in trading anymore? 

I can probably check one if the trade seems fishy and desperately trying to get rid of it fast, but I can't check 50-60 people steamrep everyday!

Considering christley's reputation on bp and outpost, I don't think they would risk trading with scammers like that, especially since you can get caught quite easily. 

I doubt a single trader checks every trader's SOP/SR marked status; especially with trade offers now widely being used. I'm pretty sure I may have made trades in the past with those marked on SOP/SR, just due to the fact that I couldn't care less about their "status" and would rather not waste an extra 5 minutes of my life on a game that is entirely made up and unnecessary.

To me this seems a bit over the top, but then again it is OP and I have seen some worse reasons for bans.

Anyone who adds me, I check steamrep everytime. And yes even on outpost. There's really no reason to be lazy. The site has rules set in place for a reason. The admins are there to make sure they're followed, otherwise what's the point? 

Although I don't know all the bans/reasons ppl get banned on outpost, I'm sure they're all justified one way or another.

Posted · Hidden by polar, March 6, 2014 - Personal attack - he is enforcing a rule. If you have a problem with the rule, you are welcome to state those opinions.
Hidden by polar, March 6, 2014 - Personal attack - he is enforcing a rule. If you have a problem with the rule, you are welcome to state those opinions.

Christly NEVER lied about knowlingly trading with a marked scammer!!! Read it again! He only ask "why would it matter..." AFTER being showed that he did.

The ban is only for his admitting to not checking every single trader he interacts with. (EDIT: which btw is actually against Tf2op rules)

That being said, if this really warrants a perma-ban then BSOD is no different than Butane.

That being said, if this really warrants a perma-ban then BSOD is no different than Butane.

Can't like more than once.

Have an upvote.

0FXRZ6A.gif

1 day ban? Yeah, okay. 2 days? Maybe. Permanently? Are you kidding me? Here's an idea: if outpost really wants to discourage scammers, HOW ABOUT THEY BAN THE SCAMMERS, RATHER THAN THOSE WHO TRADE WITH THEM?

checking every single one of the 30 trades generally i make per day would take me 2½ hours totally. its not just checking sr. its checking current reports against them which havent passed. check other websites which arent affiliated with sr, checking steam, waiting for a slow loading sr. 5 minute per trader will not only cause me to lose the trade. it will also cost me half of my free time i have each day

Just check who you're about to trade with, it takes me like 20 second at most per person. Unfortunately, not checking because it wastes time isn't a good excuse. There would be absolutely no point of steamrep and rules in general if that were the case.

Anyone who adds me, I check steamrep everytime. And yes even on outpost. There's really no reason to be lazy. The site has rules set in place for a reason. The admins are there to make sure they're followed, otherwise what's the point? 

Although I don't know all the bans/reasons ppl get banned on outpost, I'm sure they're all justified one way or another.

It's not being lazy, it's being an efficient trader most of the time.  I don't want to sit around for 5 minutes while we check each other's steamrep's.  If you can trade in 30 seconds, or spend 10 minutes discussing steamrep, which do you think 99% of traders are going to prefer doing?

shit man. So one trade (where you are ignorant of the mark) and, apparently more significantly, not knowing exactly the right way to talk to an admin will get you fucked over permanently?

1 day ban? Yeah, okay. 2 days? Maybe. Permanently? Are you kidding me? Here's an idea: if outpost really wants to discourage scammers, HOW ABOUT THEY BAN THE SCAMMERS, RATHER THAN THOSE WHO TRADE WITH THEM?

They do ban the scammers, they want the users/traders to hold a certain responsibility to not trade with scammers as it should be. They aren't your parents and they can't crack down every scammer immediately. People need to take responsibility for their actions sometimes.

I believe he gave him the option to appeal.

I guarentee the admins deal with way too many idiots a day, i would hate being an admin. You guys need to stop shitting on the admins, they do their jobs well.

Posted · Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, March 6, 2014 - spam
Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, March 6, 2014 - spam

Oh look, another controversial ban by an outpost mod. I think we're on number 74,567?

It's not being lazy, it's being an efficient trader most of the time.  I don't want to sit around for 5 minutes while we check each other's steamrep's.  If you can trade in 30 seconds, or spend 10 minutes discussing steamrep, which do you think 99% of traders are going to prefer doing?

There would be absolutely no point in STEAMREP if that were the case. If ppl don't want to check, what's the point of marking the scammers?

If being an efficient trader involves trading with scammers, the community would be f*cked.

Outpost has rules, if you don't follow them then you'll be punished. Same with pretty much everything in life.

I'm not even an admin for anything, but everything they do/all the rules make sense.

It's really very simple.

If you think profit is more important that reputation and moral, go for it. Don't lose 1 minute. That makes you no different than phishers, they are also in for the profit.

And if you don't think trading with scammers is a problem, do it. Just don't complain if you get banned later. Use sites that don't care about scamming. Nobody is forced to accept our rules, but if you use the site it means you accept them. If you don't accept them, just leave.

There would be absolutely no point in STEAMREP if that were the case. If ppl don't want to check, what's the point of marking the scammers?

So people can't get scammed by them?

So were the hats phished/scammed or were the hats ok and the person just tagged for faking c/os?

Anyways you were always extremely helpful when I had questions regarding trading. You will be missed.

Posted · Hidden by Woifi The Viking, March 5, 2014 - Rude
Hidden by Woifi The Viking, March 5, 2014 - Rude
If you think profit is more important that reputation and moral, go for it. Don't lose 1 minute. That makes you no different than phishers, they are also in for the profit.

OH MY GOODNESS ARE YOU SERIOUS hahahahaha... Oh wait you are.

Let me get this straight. A guy who wants to be an efficient trader and trade as much as he can is just as bad as a person who tries to steal your items?

****ing incredible logic. Anything you say from this point on is discredited based on that statement. You. Are. A. Moron.

Also, you said you woudn't be discussing it anymore. So gtfo.

I'm used to it, blame the rule enforcers not the rule breakers. I get a lot of love every day.

I've done my part. I won't discuss this case any further, my replies show why the ban was applied. He can appeal if he thinks he's innocent.

Punishment is too harsh, probably should've only been a week.

He's not the scammer anyways, I've known people who've traded with phishers and they haven't gotten banned.

When he said "that makes you no different than phishers".

Phishers hijack your account, wipe out your entire inventory, and leave you with fuck all.

How that can be compared to someone who traded with a scammer unknowingly I will never know. 

Posted · Hidden by polar, March 6, 2014 - Insulting others
Hidden by polar, March 6, 2014 - Insulting others

If being an efficient trader involves trading with scammers, the community would be f*cked.

Outpost has rules, if you don't follow them then you'll be punished. Same with pretty much everything in life.

I'm not even an admin for anything, but everything they do/all the rules make sense.

So by what you're saying, if I buy a 2 ref hat off of a marked scammer, then I deserve a ban?  Because I sure as shit did trade with a scammer.  And no, not everything a mod or admin does is right, that's why some get removed and replaced.  

I think you just went full retard on us, friend.

Archived