Just got Scammed out of my entire bp

Retardus_Maximus

10 hours ago, Josh From Raw said:

Correction you could sell the user back their items for the amount you paid but you'd rather take the profit...

THIS is why I don't sell to high tier traders unless I know them personally..

As somebody who got scammed before,you can't blame the person buying from the scammer.I myself lost a lot of money like this,i know that there is a rule to prevent scammers from cashing out,but that also mean many items in that case would be lost forever.

Just move and trade again if you want,in 2018 (if im correct),i got scammed and was left with an aussie scattergun,it took time but i managed to work my way up to a golden pan and more.

This might sound harsh,but move on man,you'll get over it,and you will be happy again and completely forget about it,even when sometime it could cross your mind,you'll just think about it and laugh.

Never trust anyone,never ever again,specially on cash trades, even big traders,for exemple,if anyone remember a guy called merp,he managed to gain trust of the whole community,and started brockering expensive items for people.

Until one day,he vanished,unfriended evryone and made his profile private,i guess he cashed on the same day over 40k,probably to some high tier trader.

At least when you want to cash out,use trustworthy plateforms like mannco store, or go take a look at top inventories on bp.tf and add people with a lot of legit trust,because those people will mostlikely be legit since they won't ruin their reputation for 1 single trade.

Now due to scammers,even bp.tf removed the sell option,should we remove cars because they cause accidents?should we remove bank because of money laundering?i don't think so.

I can't change bp.tf rules,but people need awareness,they need to learn,instead of fucking up evryone because people make mistakes.

Out of all the times that i got scammed,i once lost 800 keys in 1 trades,and after doxxing the scammer,and showing his informations,he payed me back 200 keys evry month until i got my money back.

And recently and scammer that stole 550 keys in the past added me after 6 years and apologised to me and gave me 194 keys (The current price of the unusual i lost).

I can tell you for a fact,since i interrogated many scammers,they all work with high tier traders to cash out.

Hope you'll get over it man!stay strong!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, metablack20109vr said:

Out of all the times that i got scammed,i once lost 800 keys in 1 trades,and after doxxing the scammer,and showing his informations,he payed me back 200 keys evry month until i got my money back.

Uh huh

There is no reason for Smarties to do anything, he was just buying inventories like any trader would, he got offered the items and made a deal with the user after making sure they were not bp/sr banned.

A trader has no responsibility to decide on who they buy from other than their own preferences, if the user is not banned, didn't have a -rep warning or anything then the user was clean. Long term old +reps also help with making the account look more legitimate and not just a burner alt to move items. 

Smarties did everything correctly as one should, any other trader saying they would not have bought from the user is lying and just trying for good pr. Literally every backpack buyer has a good few of these type of trades, you can't blame just the one while others do the same as that would be hypocritical. 

15 hours ago, Josh From Raw said:

Correction you could sell the user back their items for the amount you paid but you'd rather take the profit...

This is nothing but setting a bad precedent as this would only hurt the actual traders and not the scammers, the scammer made the money already. Even if Smarties were to sell the items back to the user for the amount they paid for the bunch, he can't say for certain how much he paid for each item in specific, how are you really gonna break down a hundred+ items of varying price points, no small time trader or someone who has never put money into the game before gonna buy everything back in one go, nor will they probably quickly acquire the keys/funds required to do so. The buy back would most likely be over months in multiple trades in the best case.

Not to mention that most backpack buyers automatically dump a large sum of the smaller items (craft hats, basic stranges and small stuff (under a few keys)) normally the same day, not to mention the same hour. It would be a literal nightmare for the backpack buyer to keep track of every single small dump after the fact. 

Depending on the size of the backpack buy, under 200 items is considered small in terms of item count, if a trader had to save all the crap the guy lost to resell to him that would take crucial backpack space and probably would require backpack buyers to have multiple storage accounts which is never fun to sort.

19 hours ago, RouzenZaker said:

I only have one question, why did he leak everything to that guy? I have the highest purchase requests, and why didn't he offer it to me for example? :)
Is there a connection? Why do these items go to people who have 300 backpacks all the time?

Are you really expecting a guy who just scammed a whole backpack to dump everything one by one? They are gonna look for a backpack buyer to sell everything fast and in one go to save time.

No one wants to spend hours dumping to bots, its not fun and most of the time not worth the few keys lost. A scammer who just got a whole backpack already made a ton, they don't care about the loss of a few keys to save a ton of time and to repeat the process.

----

Overall this is a crappy situation for the victim but also blaming Smarties will not do any good. 

The best thing to do is getting the scammer actually banned and that's it, if you really feel bad for the victim you can go and donate them something to recuperate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hello, please forward the user who has been supposedly scammed to file a report themselves. You just provided single item history link with no banned users involved. You have not provided any evidence at all.

A guide on reporting can be found here - https://forums.backpack.tf/topic/53663-guide-for-reporting-on-the-main-site/

As a result, this report is getting declined. Thank you for your report nonetheless!

Notes for mods:

Direct link to current reported user --> https://backpack.tf/u/76561198105071091

Old archive - - https://archive.ph/hNYVl

Latest archive - - https://archive.ph/wip/Izhg8

Backpack staff said to send this to op and have him make a backpack.tf/issue report himself..

On 5/5/2022 at 3:13 PM, Henchman 21 said:

[redacted]

Gotta say, redacting your comment doesn't do much good after it's been quoted

We all make mistakes, so don't feel bad about that. 

I did the same exact thing just last fall. It was midnight, I wasn't thinking straight.

Next thing I know, I've just been robbed of all my prize possessions.

You feel stupid looking back, but the sooner you let it go, the sooner you can move on.

Whether that means to rebuild, or to re-focus.

I can't help you get your stuff back as I don't have that kind of money, but if you're looking to talk then I'm all ears.

On 5/5/2022 at 8:19 PM, Josh From Raw said:

https://backpack.tf/item/1016189497

https://backpack.tf/u/76561198105071091

And yet another top 50 bp buying knowingly scammed items that backpack staff wont do anything about....

I have tried and failed to report a few. The bs that get's throwned makes my head spin. It's ammusing, since the accounts are as blatant as they get. A fresh steam account with some random drops get's someone elses entire bp in 1 trade, and also get's a -rep from the victim for scamming them. And then the scammer sells everything for a discount to a top 50 bp, and the report get's rejected since "The user at the time wasn't marked" or something, with a guide on reporting below.

Sad, that's why you shouldn't trust paypal, middlemans and all that shit. I only sell items via steam trade or mannco.store and I advise to do the same, those 2 ways are secure and any scam method involving those 2 are so painfully obvious that they can be detected by anyone with an IQ higher than 3.