Can i decline a trade if some adds stock weapons instead of scrap?

Mr.demon kraken

When i have buy orders for 1 scrap items or so and i am buying bulk people just use up all of my scrap and people start sending me trades with weapons on my side. Can i just decline those offers? Since it's already annoying when idots add 9 scrap instead of 1ref, but now i have to go to scrap to get new weapons every hour.

You can decline or accept any trade given to you, doesn't matter what the circumstance is.

In terms of backpack.tf rules you aren't doing anything wrong, they're clearly going against your buy order/trading requirements. If you want less of a headache just mention the issue in the buy order text or on your profile so you wont get spammed offers.

• Thanks 1

I'm genuinely confused though, you have buy orders for 0.11 ref but you're asking people to use ref instead of "using up all your scrap". What's stopping you from just smelting your ref and rec to scrap considering all your buy orders are in scraps anyway? Seems a bit ridiculous to me to expect people to go out of their way to calculate change for you. 

8 minutes ago, Very Frank said:

I'm genuinely confused though, you have buy orders for 0.11 ref but you're asking people to use ref instead of "using up all your scrap". What's stopping you from just smelting your ref and rec to scrap considering all your buy orders are in scraps anyway? Seems a bit ridiculous to me to expect people to go out of their way to calculate change for you. 

I said IF possible. Some people sell in bulk to me, some people are reasonable and use ref, but some add 45 scrap instead of 5ref. I can't launch tf2 every single hour to craft some more.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

Why not just send a counter offer using refined instead of scrap?

Good question. For some reason most people ignore them/decline them or trade the item away.

Not an answer, but you can use scrap.tf's crafting service to craft your scrap into metal quickly for no fee

• Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 8:18 PM, Greevis said:

Not an answer, but you can use scrap.tf's crafting service to craft your scrap into metal quickly for no fee

Doesn't matter how much scrap/rec i craft people still use scrap instead of ref. For example someone sends me 50 items and adds 50 scrap, and this is not a rare occurence either.