How can you prove someone keeps rejecting your friend rq when their listing is set to add only?

Mr.demon kraken

I am so tired of this. Especially with skins, some people either ignore your friend rq or decline it. How can you prove it? I've seen some shady stuff with this, like someone mass listing items for very cheap with the add button and ignore friend rq. Or mass listing buy orders for a high price to manipulate the market without declining offers. 

I always am not sure to bother with those types of listings or just to ignore them, since i can't really prove it. If the person has comments enabled i usually comment, or if they have a discord pasted on their steam i usually message them there, but it's always hit or miss with those as well.

I mean lets be honest, even if you prove it, your report will sit for 3 weeks and the listing will expire

then it'll get noted/added to their file; if you're really lucky they might cop a 24 hour classies ban

1 minute ago, LaughingLollipop said:

I mean lets be honest, even if you prove it, your report will sit for 3 months* and the listing will expire

then it'll get noted/added to their file; if you're really lucky they might cop a 24 hour classies ban

FTFY

11 minutes ago, FP jh34ghu43gu said:

You can try sending trade offers by hovering over their name on their profile and see if an offer button pops up. https://imgur.com/YrqRwaE

Not the solution you want but it is a potential one.

I do send the trade that way if they have their trade URL on the site, but if they don't and they decline/ignore the friend rq it's an annoyance.

5 minutes ago, Mr.demon kraken said:

I do send the trade that way if they have their trade URL on the site, but if they don't and they decline/ignore the friend rq it's an annoyance.

Yes, it is pretty annoying. I have asked a mod in the past about this and he told me to report them, even though it's impossible to provide proof that they have declined your friend request. Not sure what they do with these reports, maybe they wait to receive multiple reports from different users regarding the same listing. Or maybe they treat them as Valve treats the reports against cheaters :)

But honestly in the current days of trading, there should be a requirement for active traders to set their trade offer URL on backpack.tf before being able to list items for sale. If they prefer being added they can always select that option when creating the listing.

What you can do is block em I guess, reporting them would be a waste of time, courtesy of the backpack.tf report team

Archived